Trying to make Diagonal Elipses

Page 1 of 1

8 Replies - 1945 Views - Last Post: 15 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Elipse Altaration

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:34 AM

Ok, I've been working with the attached graphic for a while now but I can't figure out how to do this. You will notice I have elipses going around the earth (like an atom). The horizontal and verticle ones are fine but I can't figure out how to make the the diagonal ones like the others. I mostly used MS-Paint with this, but I also have Jasc's Paintshop and Adobe Photoshop at my disposal. Does anyone know how I could turn or alter these elipses? Posted Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Elipse Altaration

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Elipse Altaration

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:51 AM

Well, first host the image elsewhere besides angelfire, we can't see it. Try clicking "browse" under the file attachments menu while posting and uploading the file from your computer so I can have a better idea of what you are asking.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:25 PM

Ok, can you see this any better?Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:28 PM

basically, if you lower each of the angles close towards 180 degrees the elipse should begin to show...

if not? I would suggest taking the 90/270 elipse into photoshop, duplicating that layer, and use the transformation tool to angle it..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

Ok, I should have been more descriptive. Those lines at 90 degrees and 270, or whatever, are infact just straight lines. I couldn't make any elipses except at 180 degrees vertical and horizontal. So instead of leaving the others out or blank I substituted some straight lines for the time being. So its not that something isn't showing up there, it's just that I couldn't tweek it right and simply put those in as place holders. My bad for the confusion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:51 PM

well, I've been fooling around and if you can import it into photoshop, you can take any elipse, duplicate it, rotate it, and perhaps free transform either the left or the right side of the diagonal elipse to make it look more authentic
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:36 PM

I suppose you could give me some tips on that. I actually tried doing that in photoshop with this tutorial but I felt like they left something out cause I got lost..?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:47 AM

Now make 2 or 3 copies of the halo and re-arrange the copies so that they are all over the glass shpere shown above. Notice that some of the halos edges go above the sphere or above other halos. Simply just erase the lil edges that should go behind.

that step is exactly what I was attempting to explain (sorry if I didn't do such a hot job :sleepy: ), you can take either the vertical, or horizontal elipse (right click on one of the lines of the elipse and select "Layer {whichever layer number it is}" and once you have it selected you can go up to the Layer>Duplicate Layer on the menu bar and that will give you another elipse. From there, you can just use the free transform tool (Edit>Free Transform) to maneuver it to the right angles.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

I don't know if the problem has been solved I'm not in a reading mood but make an elipse and rotate it via transformation tool. badda bing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1