Server running slow

CF8 SERVER ADMIN

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 3719 Views - Last Post: 21 October 2009 - 08:41 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Server running slow

Post icon  Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:21 AM

I have a website that runs on a ColdFusion 8 server with windows 2003.

The website gets about 2,000 visits per day, and around 400,000 page views per month.

From time to time, the server will run very very slow... and after I reset the CF8 server it goes back to normal.

I noticed that for some reason, some of the DB queries does not disconnect from the DB server and that makes it slow.

The DB server is another windows 2003 server with MySQL 5.1

I tried updating the MySQL Connector to the latest version, and a few other upgrades... but still have that problem from time to time.

Any suggestion or how to solve that?

Should I use the windows 2003 load balancing for the website? I have another server here that I could use for a web server too.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Server running slow

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Server running slow

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

View PostEnnio, on 21 Oct, 2009 - 06:21 AM, said:

I have a website that runs on a ColdFusion 8 server with windows 2003.

The website gets about 2,000 visits per day, and around 400,000 page views per month.

From time to time, the server will run very very slow... and after I reset the CF8 server it goes back to normal.

I noticed that for some reason, some of the DB queries does not disconnect from the DB server and that makes it slow.

The DB server is another windows 2003 server with MySQL 5.1

I tried updating the MySQL Connector to the latest version, and a few other upgrades... but still have that problem from time to time.

Any suggestion or how to solve that?

Should I use the windows 2003 load balancing for the website? I have another server here that I could use for a web server too.

It is not an malfunction or bug. It is simply a setting in the Admin. In your caching settings under Server Settings on ColdFusion Admin ("CF8Server"/CFIDE/Administrator") set the maximum number of cached queries much lower than the default 100.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1