3 Replies - 964 Views - Last Post: 05 November 2009 - 02:11 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I want to make some kind of application !

Post icon  Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:34 AM

I want to make an application for my factory workers. I need to control them .. I need this application only for my computer, not for internet.. So how to connect my application with databases..
Every worker must register, and after that login in .. I MUST DO THIS WITH DATABASES AM I ?
Posted Image
Is this the correct key
Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;

Or there is another way to make this application ..?
Thank you ..

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I want to make some kind of application !

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I want to make some kind of application !

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hi,
I have just been looking through posted questions at dream.in.code to help myself learn. I have only done 2 tutorials myself and have just joined dream in code. I hope I am not breaking any rules to direct you to a different sites tutorial which I have just finished. It is exactly what you are looking for and it has all the instructions and code you need. I know what it is like to need to control staff. Go to . . . .

http://www.vbmysql.c...mysql-tutorials

I do know this - you need to build your database 1st. Then you build your login form. Then you build your staff in / out form. The above link has a download of all the code necessary. It was a very pleasent tutorial to do from a learning perspective because it is very well written and has useful notes from participents at the bottom of each page. If you just want the code you can download all of it at the end of lesson 6 but you would still need to have installed Visual Basic 2005 / 2008 Express. Lesson 2 and 3 are about downloading MySQL and Visual Basic Express. There are minor difficulties with 2008 Express because the tutorial is a few years old. I write a little at the end of the lessons which should help if you use the 2008 Express version.

Good luck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

That connections string is for a SQL Server Database. What kind of Database are you using?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

You can visit www.connectionstrings.com if you are not sure about the connection string you are using.

This post has been edited by Searock: 05 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1