4 Replies - 2702 Views - Last Post: 05 November 2009 - 02:38 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Transfer Tech School to University

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:57 AM

Alright, title pretty much sums it up, but i've been attending a tech school for 5 quarters now. As of now i plan probably to just finish out here. I've heard bad things about tech schools though as far as how they go with employers and that and a few other facts have caused me to wanna switch to a university. What im wondering is how likely is it that credits will transfer from Tech School to University (Not a state just a local, SLU to be exact FYI St.Louis University). Also i was wondering what the outlook was here on Tech Schools. They offer degrees that seem to have more focus rather than general aspect of a topic such as Computer Networking, Network Security, Software Development, instead of the wrap up of Computer Sciences. But then again i've heard Universities have alot more credit with employers. So for my Bachelors im hoping to switch to SLU will probably talk to them tommorow about credits but we'll see. So wish me luck with that and any opinions would help too , im really in decisive of where to go and if i'll even be able too anywho, or if i'll just get stuck staying at same school no choice.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Transfer Tech School to University

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Transfer Tech School to University

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

I have no knowledge of either school, but in general I'd say tech schools are for some reason or another looked down upon by employers... maybe because you don't take all those bullshit classes that make you "well-rounded"? Or whatever they're calling it these days... I'm not really sure, but best of luck with whatever happens!

This post has been edited by cmwise: 05 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:05 AM

View Postcmwise, on 5 Nov, 2009 - 07:04 AM, said:

I have no knowledge of either school, but in general I'd say tech schools are for some reason or another looked down upon by employers... maybe because you don't take all those bullshit classes that make you "well-rounded"? Or whatever they're calling it these days... I'm not really sure, but best of luck with whatever happens!

Yeah thanks :). Seems to be what im hearing everywhere though about tech schools, big reason i wanna get out as quick as i can, but can't transfer till i at least finish my 2yr program, and if im lucky i hope SLU will take my credits, or at least a majority of them so i can transfer to there Bachelors in Computer Science program.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

I'm also transferring actually :-) Although I'm transferring from University -> University.. I think? I'm looking to transfer from University at Buffalo to RPI which is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, hope we both get in! haha
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• |>|20-514<|{3|2

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:38 PM

Most university's do not accept courses from a tech school as tech school curriculum and university curriculum differ vastly. I know a kid who went to ITT and got a degree, no one would recognize it and now he is stuck at the community college I am going to just to get another degree, which he already has.

But IDK, some tech schools are well recognized, I just know ITT is a "predator" college
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1