3 Replies - 2975 Views - Last Post: 10 November 2009 - 07:25 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Typing text effect

Post icon  Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

Hello

I have a doubt about typing effect in flash. I have script to display typing effect but the problem is it is working for single line of text. What is to be done for multiple lines of text?

More details

I have used three keyframes,

1. I have inserted a textfield on the stage, then in the script of that frame, i have a string containing text that is to displayed in the text field with typing effect
2. In the second keyframe i have script for the typing effect i.e, using substring (letter by letter)
3. In the third keyframe, the script is to play the second keyframe

I even tried using \n for multiple line of text, but i dont know where the problem is...Please Help!!!!!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Typing text effect

• awake ? web();
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Typing text effect

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

The first thing for you to check is that the text box's properties aren't set to single line instead of multi line. If you're set to multi line already then you're going to need to post your code for us to help you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:33 PM

Now i am able to display multiple lines typing effect, there was some mistake in syntax. But now the problem is :

For the first time, when slide show is opened im gettint type effect but when i go to next slide by clicking next button and come back to first slide, the text is displayed normally without the typing effect.

What should i do for this?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• awake ? web();
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:25 AM

I have to admit to not knowing the answer to this one :)

After some experimentation it seems like it's possible, but a bit awkward. First of all, you have to tell your slide that it mustn't continue to play after you navigate away from it. This is done with some code on the parent slide:
this.slide1.playHidden = false;

This forces the target slide to stop playing when you move off it, and play again from frame 1 when you go view it again.

Next, you'll need to move your textfield and code off the first frame of your slide. Stupidly, it seems that although the playhead will return to the first frame any code it finds there isn't executed. By moving everything to frame 2 you trick flash into thinking it's never seen it before or something. I think it's this kind of behaviour that made the slide presentations unpopular!

This post has been edited by thehat: 10 November 2009 - 07:26 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1