1 Replies - 889 Views - Last Post: 30 November 2009 - 04:55 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

General question about loops

Post icon  Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:22 AM

So, I am a complete beginner to computer programming and I am having a lot of trouble with for and while loops.

It isn't the concept that is confusing me cus I understand it. Maybe not perfectly tho..

But when I try to solve problems, I tend to blank out...
I do not know where to start with the coding, especially when implementing a class.

So my question is:

How do you guys begin when writing a program? (Ex. Write all the steps out first, look for patterns...etc)

Are there any useful sites that has practice problems?

Thanx in advance~

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: General question about loops

• Great::Southern::Land
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: General question about loops

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:55 AM

Well firstly write down what you want to achieve in the program. A few dot points should suffice at this time. Once you have done this, work out a reasonable name for your class or classes and work out what functions or methods you will need.

Then create a sceletal class and begin working in your functionality.

If you are stuck on loops and get confused, i would advise having a look at the tutorial section of this site click here

Below are some introductary tutorials that may help you out, feel free to respond and ask questions there as the author will no doubt be happy to help you where he / she can :)

HelloWorld Introduction
Java for Nooblets
Java Basics to Basic
Looping
Java For Beginners #2
Introduction to Designing Classes I
Introduction to Designing Classes II

These should help you further :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1