• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

66 Replies - 99693 Views - Last Post: 03 March 2018 - 04:13 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: XNA Game Programmer Roll Call

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm working on a 2D Windows Phone game currently.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

Just started 2 months ago with XNA. looks like I have a lot of interesting stuff to read in here.

Right now I'm burning myself with 2D Tank sprite with movement and rotation, bounding collision obstacles, and firing Tank cannon effects.

I tried to jump into 3D too fast and I got stuck into buttloads of complicated codes, so here I am breaking myself back with 2D sprites.

Also looking forward to be in a team of developer when I'm ready.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

For the last few months, I have been working on a rogue-like RPG game. In case you don't know what rogue games are, you can take a look here. I've been using tile-based graphics (I considered isometric for a time, maybe that can change sooner or later) and following most of the aspects of rogue-like games, such as permadeath and turn-based gameplay. Right now, the only completed parts of the game are the way levels are created, the way the level is drawn, and a few other things mostly related to core gameplay mechanics. Now, branching away from rogue-like, there are going to be friendly NPCs and quests and things found in other RPGs, that way, while a random dungeon crawl can be done, there are still parts with a purpose. The artwork is terrible seeing as I can't draw to save my life. The tiles have been drawn mostly, but the player is still just a rectangle. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one that has difficulty with sprites, haha.

Also, as a side project that is related to the game, I also have been working on a level creator. This has been rather simple because the way the game generates the levels is by reading a png file. So, you really don't even need an editor, because you can just draw the images in anything really.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm working on a paddle game on Xbox, for now. I've got the basics completed and now I'm going to use the foundation that the tutorial gave me and build upon it. I'm going to try to ad some unique interactive conditions for the ball( your probably thinking "whatever the hell that means ;)" ). And I'm going to make it pleasing to the eye. I figure if I just stick to this basic project and try to elaborate on it with new classes and methods instead of trying something totally new it will help drill in the concepts rather than me doing one project being sorta confused at the end, and then totally starting over with something new and being sorta confused again.

I'll keep posted on what I do after this first learning experience!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

That's a pretty smart approach to learning, . Start with something that you can easily learn, and then make it more complex as you go so that you're not constantly getting lost by things being done differently in multiple different games. I'd definitely like to see where you go with this. One thing you could use to challenge yourself is to implement levels of difficulty based on player skill level. Keep track of wins and losses by the player, and award experience points for each win, and possibly loss. After gaining a couple of levels, the AI difficulty should increase at a nice pace to keep the player challenged without it becoming too difficult until higher levels. Could be a fun project that will keep you interested and challenged throughout the development lifecycle. Getting bored with a project that no longer challenges you is the fastest way to lose interest and toss the project aside and never complete it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm a professional programmer and hobbyist musician. Working on a unique 2D strategy / action platformer. 4 months into the project. Very fun so far. Would love it if I could find an Assistant Programmer to help expedite the release date. I've set my sights high and am going blockbusters! Let me know if you want in on this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

View Postxhozst, on 21 January 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

I'm a professional programmer and hobbyist musician. Working on a unique 2D strategy / action platformer. 4 months into the project. Very fun so far. Would love it if I could find an Assistant Programmer to help expedite the release date. I've set my sights high and am going blockbusters! Let me know if you want in on this.

Sounds like it could be interesting, do you have more information, a web site or something?
I'm a hobbyist programmer, and my mate is a professional texture artist. You can see our sites on my web blog at Panther Game Studios I have a game, and a game tutor on my web site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostKnowThySelf, on 18 January 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I'm working on a paddle game on Xbox, for now. I've got the basics completed and now I'm going to use the foundation that the tutorial gave me and build upon it. I'm going to try to ad some unique interactive conditions for the ball( your probably thinking "whatever the hell that means ;)/>" ). And I'm going to make it pleasing to the eye. I figure if I just stick to this basic project and try to elaborate on it with new classes and methods instead of trying something totally new it will help drill in the concepts rather than me doing one project being sorta confused at the end, and then totally starting over with something new and being sorta confused again.

I'll keep posted on what I do after this first learning experience!

My phone had a problem. It might be something I would be interested in. Let me know.

I'm very good at refactoring. I'm in my final year of college and might be interested in what you have. Could you give a little more information?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Position has been filled.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I guess I would be an aspiring Game Developer more so on the programming end. Currently, I'm working on my exit project for school and expanding and releasing it after I finish my courses at my current school.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

i'm currently finishing up school, already have a job lined up for after graduation so i've been spending my time making a fast paced top-down shooter. i've found it to be a really fun way to expand and test my mathematical and programming knowledge
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm working on a 2D multi-directional jet fighter shooter called Extreme Fighter Pilot. Its not focusing on realism or anything, its more of an arcade style game with realistic graphics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Here!

New to the forum but I am currently trying my hand at making a small 2D game engine to ease future game development along
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

Present!

Working on a 2D XNA camel based game, to be comleted within 2 months.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hello all, I'm a new member here although I have been toying with XNA for 2 years on and off. I am currently developing a Minecraft style voxel engine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First