11 Replies - 1416 Views - Last Post: 28 February 2006 - 10:22 AM

• Go Leafs

• View blog

Life goes on...

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:29 PM

I'm willing to bet at least one person is wondering where i've been or where i've dissapeared to for the last half year, so heres the story from Day one... I was in a program here at the local college for Police foundations, and while doing that i was working as a security guard at a condo to help me pay for it all, and while doing this, some crazy guy who was clearly on crack nearly killed me with a knife. While being interviewed by the Cop, he told me he really didnt like his job, and he told me about being a police officer, how its changed him and his outlook on life, and that he would have never taken the job had he known what it was like, and that was enough for me, so i got out of that program and entered into Auto-Mechanics. Most people look down on mechanics or whatnot, but Cars are great and will always be great, so i was in the program for six months and i started to look for a job in Kingston, Ontario, which is where my girlfriend lives. I drove down their main street and had decided to stop in to all the garages i drove by to see what kind of opportunities there were, the very fist place i stopped in Wanted to hire me, so i did my Co-op there, and then he gave me a job. This place is Mr.Transmission, and this is an amazing opportunity... even after working there for only 5 weeks i'm allready able to remove and install transmissions completly on my own from most RWD vehicles, as well as some 4x4s and a few automatic transaxles.. and anybody looking for a job or a field to go in, i would highly reccomend the Transmission trade, or auto-mechanics in general.. great pay, great atmosphere, fun but hard work. I'm back in Toronto for a week now to write my exams, then its back to Kingston forever. Incase anybody is wondering what i Drive, its a 1993 Buick LeSabre (which i plan on dropping either a 350 smallblock or 480 something bigblock into) and i also own a 1990 nissan stanza, which is a piece of shit. As far as computers or programming go, i'm affraid that i have to leave alot of this behind and focus on technical manuals and diagrams and really study all that stuff. If anybody is ever in the Kingston area, stop by Mr.Transmission and say Hi ! Its at 1630 Bath Road, just in case there is anybody from that area that checks this site regularly. The real world really sucks, everything is damn expensive and when shit breaks that you have to pay for damn does it ever put a dent in my wallet.. but like i said.. Cars people.. Cars rule.

Edit - You gotta put Buick in the My car thing in the profile!

This post has been edited by Ben Goulbourn: 25 February 2006 - 03:31 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Life goes on...

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Life goes on...

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:33 PM

Cars and motorcycles fucking rule*infinity^infinity
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:30 PM

Nice, I was actually wondering where you ran off to.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:37 AM

Congrats on finding a career that you like.

I come from a long line of mechanics and they do all right. Granted you wont be rich and you will put you will be fit and well provided for. not only that but you will never have to pay good $$$ for a new car since you can get an old POS and basically rebuild it for pennies.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Go Leafs

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:54 AM

Thorian, on 27 Feb, 2006 - 01:34 PM, said:

Congrats on finding a career that you like.

I come from a long line of mechanics and they do all right. Granted you wont be rich and you will put you will be fit and well provided for. not only that but you will never have to pay good $$$ for a new car since you can get an old POS and basically rebuild it for pennies.

exactly, and most people pay huge $$$ for their car. I'm not even looking to fix up an old car, im going to mod my car with either a 350 fwd or 454 rwd, and i could do it in less then a week.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:44 AM

I have always wanted to do the 350 swap into a Volvo 240D.

A little shit box stealth speeder with more performance then a BMW 530I
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

I hope people don't look down on mechanics...I have no certifications, but I have always loved working on my cars (three of my uncles were mechanics, they taught me everything I know about cars)...congrats on going into the field! Sounds like you realy like it, and that's important.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:35 PM

Amadeus, on 27 Feb, 2006 - 04:21 PM, said:

(three of my uncles were mechanics, they taught me everything I know about cars)

Sounds like my cousin Vinny.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Touched by his noodly appendage

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:08 AM

whatever happned to our good friend clue28?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:32 AM

Acid Reign, on 28 Feb, 2006 - 03:05 AM, said:

whatever happned to our good friend clue28?

TOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAANNNNY WHINE COOOLEEERZZZZ LOLOLOLROFL
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

Amadeus, on 27 Feb, 2006 - 06:21 PM, said:

I hope people don't look down on mechanics...I have no certifications, but I have always loved working on my cars (three of my uncles were mechanics, they taught me everything I know about cars)...congrats on going into the field! Sounds like you realy like it, and that's important.

hell no

Mechanics are people that actually work for a living. Sweat of their brow and all. I mean look at me I sit at a desk posting here drinking coffie and watching my ass grow fat. the last labor intensive thing I did at work was carry a monitor up a flight of steps (and it was a LCD in a box)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:22 AM

i once drove a car.

BUT NOT AFTER TOO MANY WINE COOLERZ LOLOLOLOLOL.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1