Help with my web browser

i know what ur thinking not again but im looking for help and a team

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1243 Views - Last Post: 26 January 2010 - 02:33 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help with my web browser

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Hi,
im preety knew to C# i know the basics and im working on being better. I have done about 10 browsers in vb but its not as good as C# because for vb u have to install all these things and it gets crazy. So in C# i want help on building a web browser so if u want to help or have a question please post a comment.Also i dont want a ordaniy browser. i was hoping to have 2 parts sort of. one being the new browser and 2 a new layout engine/web redering engine. so this would be totally unquie. In the past i have done web browser with some crazy features such as proxies, the browser with tabs, browsers using gecko and browser that look like ie
Thanks
josh
ps. any one can help even if its only for a little part of code or maybe once a week

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with my web browser

• His name was Robert Paulson.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with my web browser

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

1. Is this going to be an open source project?

2. What is it going to offer that Opera/Chrome/Firefox don't already offer (just paint a very broad picture)?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

wait, you post on a programming forum, in a "ask a question and we will help you" forum, and you tell us, "have a question please post a comment".

If you want to get a team together to build the next great browser, it would be better to post that here...

http://www.dreaminco...showforum97.htm

This is more of a forum where people will have specific questions and need help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

ok i wrote a topic there too. Also by what would be different im talking a differnt engine not gecko or trident. also were ie and firefox stop with a blank new tab page a customizable page such as maybe a google search bar and all the tabs running or speeddial. I know it sounds very faint but i have done most of these things in the past and this im tired of making one and then it just dieing i want to make a big one that will last for awile.
thanks
ps. by open source like chrome with all the code then probly

This post has been edited by starsoccer9: 26 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1