oqab

Please check and tell me what should i do

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1196 Views - Last Post: 01 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

oqab

Post icon  Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:34 AM

hello everyone. i m working on this site. this site works good on all latest browsers but my client uses Ie6 and he told me that every thing is messed ,all layers etc...tell me what whould i do. how can i make it compatible with all browsers...thanx..link is below..

Oqab Limited
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: oqab

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: oqab

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

Can you provide us with more information about this site? Code?

You have to take into account when you are building a site that each browser handles code differently. So something that works in FireFox might not work in IE and what works in IE 6 might not work in the newest version. You will have to code your CSS or whatever you are using to style/layout you page so that each browser can interpret what you are trying to do correctly.

I think once we can take a look at your code we will be better able to provide you with suggestions to help you solve your problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: oqab

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

View Source ftw...

Regardless, your code is a nightmare to read through, I'm not completely sure you know why you put half the elements in there.

154 Errors, 2 warning(s) as from w3 validation. Check yourself:
http://validator.w3....%...ine&group=0

Fix every one of those.

Next, NEVER design with tables. Table based design is a horrible habit to get into and is frowned upon by anyone with at least mediocre design experience. The only occasion you should use tables for is tabular data, not design.

Be warned past this point I'll be rather brutal about it and break apart your source.

I was less than a glance before I noticed the first major mistake. You have external style sheets but you feel the need to add internal styling to the site:

<link href="templatemo_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="ANCL_menu_files/cbcscbANCL_menu.css" type="text/css" /><link href="OQab-Styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><link href="ocsStyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><title>
	OQAB-Freight & Logistics
</title>
	<style type="text/css">

And honestly you need to heavily reconsider the naming of your files to something anyone could understand, such as menu_style.css, style.css, or font.css. It also looks like your directories need better naming as well.

Next we have the inline css, I'm almost afraid to look at the external ones from here... Why use top bottom left right margins, positioning, or even paddings when the decelerations can all be on one line?

Honestly I don't have nearly enough time to continue but for the love of all things, LEARN ACTUAL WEB DESIGN instead of relying on what seems to be microsoft tools.

Your codes size could be, if you would learn correctly, well under 1/4 of the size it is now, drastically altering load times, bandwidth, and of course increase chances of it working in IE6 (Which do note has been deprecated)

I'll continue later but read the css and html tutorials I posted on site...
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1