Reading texts of other windows in c# on mouseover event

I need to read text of other windows like Lingvo and Qdictionary do.

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 3903 Views - Last Post: 17 March 2010 - 04:41 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Reading texts of other windows in c# on mouseover event

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

I am Samiev Suhrob and I started to program in c# and I am working on my project to develop the misc dictionaries. And come up with an idea that it's possible to get text, read it and return a result in a popup or tooltip in C#. I don't know it's pure .NET or WIN APIs, that perform such actions. Everybody worked with ABBY Lingvo or QDictionary right! And it has one amazing and cool tool which help you to translate the focused word and pops up a window containing word's translation. Does everybody knows how to do that using C#.
Any idea is appreciated!
Thanks for sharing with me in advance...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Reading texts of other windows in c# on mouseover event

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Reading texts of other windows in c# on mouseover event

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:56 AM

Whatīs your exact problem? Do you have problems with the implementation or you donīt know how to start?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_Suhrob*

Re: Reading texts of other windows in c# on mouseover event

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:41 AM

My problem is how to get text from any win control text boxes and how to determine mouse coodinates(x,y) out of my form application. Really i don't know how to implement these features in my application.
As I've mentioned before I am creating a translator application using C# and I'm almost finished it.
And I'm on a way to develop and add new features to it. One of them is to retrieve somehow the text of any win control text boxes. For example when my translator app stays on tray, I need to get text of whatever
windows control text boxes I mouse it over (That's on mouseover event) and retrieve data from database using sql and pop it up.
And I almost don't know where to start from...

Plz tell me how to do that !
Or any tutorial link....
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1