Getting Multiple TAPI Addresses for extension

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 2630 Views - Last Post: 23 March 2010 - 09:01 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

We have a VB.NET application that is using the TAPI3Lib.dll. At this one site we can multiple addresses for the same Phone extension. For example for extension 149 we are getting Extension 149 - Address # where # is 0 thru 208. Is there a way to just get "Extension 149"? Have downloaded some free utilities and they only show "Extension 149". Below is the same of code:

Code

Dim AddressCollection As ITCollection = coTAPI.Addresses()

For Each loAddress As ITAddress In AddressCollection
If loAddress.State = ADDRESS_STATE.AS_INSERVICE Then
Dim MediaSupport As ITMediaSupport = loAddress
liMediaTypes = MediaSupport.MediaTypes ' extracting media types supported on this address
If liMediaTypes And TapiMediaType.Audio Then
'the address supports Audio
addressList.Add(loAddress.AddressName)
End If
End If
Next loAddress

/Code

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Getting Multiple TAPI Addresses for extension

• This space intentionally left blank
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Getting Multiple TAPI Addresses for extension

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Is it that you are receiving a value similar to "Extension 149 - Address 50" and you only want the "Extension 149" of that string?
If so, and Address.AddressName is giving you that string, you can use Split to get just the Extension 149 from that string.

If this is correct, let me know and I can help you with it. Otherwise, you might try to explain the situation a little better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Getting Multiple TAPI Addresses for extension

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

Charlie,

Normally when we loop thru the addresses in TAPI.addresses() each phone extension only shows one time at other sites. The user then selects the extension they want to monitor for an incoming call. At that point we use the TAPI.RegisterCallNotifications on that extension (address) so we receive it's events.

At this site they when we loop thru TAPI.addresses() there are 209 of them like "Extension 149 - Address ###". We have tried selecting some of them randoming hoping we would receive events after registering the address. We think the problem is that when we do the TAPI.addresses() that it should only return one address for the extension like it does at other sites. All 209 of them show up as media type audio and INSERVICE. Was hoping we could do something so only one address shows for the extension.

By the way we are using the TAPI3Lib.dll

Brian
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1