2 Replies - 7275 Views - Last Post: 03 April 2010 - 02:32 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Speech recognition in matlab

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Hi

I am writing a matlab code to recognise the word spoken. Any suggestion to solving a speech recognition would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Speech recognition in matlab

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Speech recognition in matlab

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

View Postdonali, on 31 March 2010 - 02:55 AM, said:

Hi

I am writing a matlab code to recognise the word spoken. Any suggestion to solving a speech recognition would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm sure there are entire books on this subject but make the problem simpler. try and recognize syllables first. Then I guess try some technique. For instance neural networks, predictive filters kalman filters. I'm sure there probably some standard techniques as speech recognition systems have exited for a while.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Speech recognition in matlab

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:32 AM

View Postdonali, on 31 March 2010 - 02:55 AM, said:

Assuming that you are dealing with continuous speech, it will be helpful to have a method for isolating units of speech (words, digits, etc.). The basic process would be to collect labeled samples of the speech to be recognized, clean and pre-process (FFT, etc.) the same, train and test a model (nearest neighbor, neural network, linear discriminant, etc.) and deploy.

-Will Dwinnell
Data Mining in MATLAB

This post has been edited by Predictor: 03 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1