4 Replies - 1237 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

• Php Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Side Bar's for my site

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

I am making a new template for my site my old site is all dark and ( for boys ) has users say

http://www.pokemontoxic.net

I am working on a new template which can be found here

http://www.pokemontoxic.net/new_temp/

I have got two different type of side bars i was just wondering
which 1 is best the left or the right ?

All advice is welcome i think its 100xs better than the old site

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Side Bar's for my site

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Side Bar's for my site

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Agree totally, the new site will be a great addition. I prefer the left sidebar, but with the section text a little lighter for readability. Otherwise I think it will have a good impact.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Php Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:28 AM

View Postjrm402, on 05 April 2010 - 10:27 AM, said:

Agree totally, the new site will be a great addition. I prefer the left sidebar, but with the section text a little lighter for readability. Otherwise I think it will have a good impact.

Thanks im glad other people think the same about the template
I think maybe ill have different css files so if i pick the left side bar they will be able to have the left side bar in different colors

P.s ive made it a little lighter

This post has been edited by nick1200: 05 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

Definitely an improvement but could be better yet.

The banner could use some more detail to it, I wouldn't use the Charizards as surrounding elements but instead use a web 2.0 type effect and blend a pokemon pic into there. A good example of what I'm talking about is the banner at: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/

Mix elements, have fun with it, and spend at minimum 2-3 hours on it. You may think it's done but keep playing with it for at least that long and I promise you'll surprise yourself.

Mouseover needs some help on the top nav, it has to be in an exact spot otherwise the menu flickers like crazy (Google Chrome v4.x)

Left and Right bars, you need to make up your mind on the color scheme and personally I like the one on the right more. More legible, larger font, smoother colors, and a good amount of padding from the side.

Footer you need to make the spacing consistant between text and pipe characters.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Php Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

View PostLemur, on 06 April 2010 - 07:13 PM, said:

Definitely an improvement but could be better yet.

The banner could use some more detail to it, I wouldn't use the Charizards as surrounding elements but instead use a web 2.0 type effect and blend a pokemon pic into there. A good example of what I'm talking about is the banner at: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/

Mix elements, have fun with it, and spend at minimum 2-3 hours on it. You may think it's done but keep playing with it for at least that long and I promise you'll surprise yourself.

Mouseover needs some help on the top nav, it has to be in an exact spot otherwise the menu flickers like crazy (Google Chrome v4.x)

Left and Right bars, you need to make up your mind on the color scheme and personally I like the one on the right more. More legible, larger font, smoother colors, and a good amount of padding from the side.

Footer you need to make the spacing consistant between text and pipe characters.

Well these few days ive been having problems with the drop down's
But now there fix I would really like to use the right one like you said but id have to make sure the side bar ent boy'y if that makes sense the old template seemed to for boys
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1