Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: c++ and python

• Planeswalker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: c++ and python

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

There is no better really. There are reasons why you would choose one over the other though. Python is a higher level language than C++ and hides many of the complexities of C++. It hass a lot of abstractions that make life easier for you as a programmer. C++ is more cryptic, at least too many. It also lies much closer to the operating system so it will run much faster than a Python program. C++ is also the industry standard when it comes to game programming. If you would like a job programming games, they you will more than likely end up using the C++ language. You will also find C and ASM when you get into game programming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: c++ and python

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hi engineer43093,

If you're just a hobbyist and just want to make games for fun, then I hear Python is a pretty good choice. More specifically, PyGame, which is a set of python code modules used for making games. I've never used it myself but I hear it's pretty easy to learn and use.

Check out more about it here:
http://www.pygame.org/wiki/about

If you want to get a job programming games, or you desire to learn a more deep understanding of how games work, then I suggest that you learn and use C and/or C++.

I hope that helps!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1