'Online Game'

how to create text based.......

• (2 Pages)
  • +

18 Replies - 10841 Views - Last Post: 11 April 2007 - 08:06 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

'Online Game'

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

Right, i got to admit im am so new to codeing i really dont know that much about it but my friend's can code and i have seen them codeing and when ive been looking into it i understand it.

So want im really wanting to learn i know i cant do it right away i know i got to learn a hell of alot stuff but! im wanting to learn how to (create/makeing) a online game MMORPG mafia/mobster/gangster type role playing game something like EG. Bootleggers TGP
so i would just like some advice on what to learn and some guildence,

This post has been edited by Dynamic: 09 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: 'Online Game'

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: 'Online Game'

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:41 AM

just relized i posted in wrong topic should have posted it in game prog but i only just registerd and dident really see it so real point in posting in 2 places and spamming....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:47 AM

Hey Dynamic,

Welcome to dream.in.code! I'll move this on over to the Game Programming forum. You're already 1-up on a lot of our new members, normally they just post 3 or 4 more times in other forums :)

Best of luck with your game, I'll let one of our game programmers answer your questions.

See ya around the forums!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:50 AM

Thank's for that, sorry for my mistake!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:16 PM

So wait, you want to make an online text based game (one that you can play with the internet browser that is)?

If so, then you probably need to learn html, php, css, cf, js? Im not really into programming for the web so i dont know that much about it.

If you want to make a game that runs on the computer itself (like WoW), then you'd probably want to learn C++ and the DirectX or OpenGL.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:25 PM

View PostMrafcho001, on 9 Jul, 2006 - 01:08 PM, said:

So wait, you want to make an online text based game (one that you can play with the internet browser that is)?

If so, then you probably need to learn html, php, css, cf, js? Im not really into programming for the web so i dont know that much about it.

If you want to make a game that runs on the computer itself (like WoW), then you'd probably want to learn C++ and the DirectX or OpenGL.

yeah, what im wanting to do is a browser based game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:27 AM

Wamt im really looking for specific thing's i need to learn the specific tut's what could help me with this!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Proud supporter of the lulz
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:19 PM

I don't know any really tuts for texted based games, but if you can look at the source of the ones that already exist. For this, you'll of course need to know how to code. I suggest PHP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:38 AM

View Postmax302, on 11 Jul, 2006 - 11:11 AM, said:

I don't know any really tuts for texted based games, but if you can look at the source of the ones that already exist. For this, you'll of course need to know how to code. I suggest PHP.

I know thay wont be a Tut on like how to make the game i mean just general tut's of php. or anything like that what will help me with coding and makeing the game like a specific part of PHP i need to learn.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:04 AM

Like, PHP.net but i get to the installing of php and some other stuff and it all seem's to make it so complicated so if you have any other good PHP what would help me i would be very graetfull thank's
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:37 AM

I feel some feel confused about my topic..

Well im new to all this stuff so obviousy i explaned it all wrong... so here goes again

What im looking to make is a Browser based mmorpg text based mobster game....

first of all i know there wont be any site's with a tut on how to make the game what i really want is some tut's what could prove Valable to me and hwat would may help me getting to term's how to maybe make it

Also any advice you have i would love to here!

Thank You!
Jonny
-Dynamic-
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:01 AM

If you want PHP tutorials, you will have to may. look up Matt Ruttledge on Amazon
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

well i have a MMORPG Game already has a few bugs but im looking for a team of Pro Coders to help me solve codes and make more addons for the game i want it to be abit like TMN The Mafia Network

my web Address is www.bloodtownmafia.com feel free to pop over my msn address is on the front page.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:03 PM

View PostDynamic, on 13 Jul, 2006 - 11:37 AM, said:

I feel some feel confused about my topic..

Well im new to all this stuff so obviousy i explaned it all wrong... so here goes again

What im looking to make is a Browser based mmorpg text based mobster game....

first of all i know there wont be any site's with a tut on how to make the game what i really want is some tut's what could prove Valable to me and hwat would may help me getting to term's how to maybe make it

Also any advice you have i would love to here!

Thank You!
Jonny
-Dynamic-

well i have the same problem if u have an answer by now please help me...

i have downloaded all programs that help me with php but it wont work or o dont know where to start coding

This post has been edited by aldeanyo: 24 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:44 PM

Ok looking at your 2 Example Links, i am assuming you wish to create a Browser Mafia Related Game. I did not even look at the previous posts, because after reading 3 i got bored and confused. Anyways, You should know Basic Webdevelopment Skills, Know PHP, Have Knowledge on Databasing(Acessing Character info,Ect), Have writing skills to create the Story line and have the events typed, Have Good 'Design' Skill to create the interface and what not, Good programs would be AdobePhotoshop for the Designing Part, but Paintshop Pro or even MS paint would be suitable for a Beggining project. Look up some books on PHP and MYSQL databasing on the internet, or find them in your local Bookstore. You also may have to look on ways to create a more user safe Game, becuase this is the internet..and there will be people attempting/Suceeding to Cheat on your Game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +