Help with Compiler Design in C (Symbol Table - Code Generation)

Using Flex/Bison to create a compiler for subset of Pascal Language

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 10856 Views - Last Post: 01 May 2010 - 06:48 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Krysis09*

Help with Compiler Design in C (Symbol Table - Code Generation)

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hey Dream.In.Code,

I've been working on a compiler for a course I'm taking that will eventually generate code for a subset of the Pascal programming language. I've currently written a Lex/Flex (*.l file) scanner that scans the program, a Bison/Yacc (*.y file) that "parses" (or is suppose to) the program and "checks" (OR, is suppose to) for semantic correctness. I've also, skipping ahead, began working on a stack machine header file to include in my parser file that handles the instructions... but, I can't really check/test any of those things until I get my Symbol Table and Parser working correctly... and this is where I need help.

I was hoping for someone who would be willing to step through this with me as I struggle to complete this Symbol Table and Parser. I'm not looking for code to be handed to me (though that would be like a Dream.come.True) but instead, I really just want someone to explain things to me and push me along the way so I can have a somewhat decent Symbol Table and Parser.

I didn't really see an "Attach file" button but I'll be glad to post my code from any of my files (Lexer, Parser, Symbol Table, The Pascal Grammar, etc.) that you may need to help out.

Thanks in advance,

-Krysis09

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Help with Compiler Design in C (Symbol Table - Code Generation)

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Help with Compiler Design in C (Symbol Table - Code Generation)

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Hmm, does anyone think they could assist me with this??
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1