2 Replies - 3018 Views - Last Post: 10 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Unique upportunity for un/under employed developers

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

POPULAR

Arnie Rowland, a Microsoft MVP, has an excellent opportunity available for unemployed or under-employed developers:

This year, I have been provided with a few subscriptions for MSDN Ultimate to give out as I see fit. For those unaware, a MSDN Ultimate subscription allows the subscriber to download and own full featured versions of Visual Studio Ultimate, as well as most any Microsoft software. The license is for development use, and is not transferable. And it has a retail value of approximately $12,000.

This year, I will be seeking proposals from unemployed (or under-employed) developers that would use the tools to improve their skills with .NET, SQL Server, and Windows 7 Phone. The proposals should be for a project for a non-profit -either a new project or an upgrade to an existing project. In addition to the Microsoft MDSN Ultimate subscription, Pluralsight will provide a three month subscription to the training content available in their On-Demand!™ .NET Training Library, O'Reilly Press will provide three (3) books of the winner's choice, APress will provide three books(3) of the winner's choice, ComponentOne will provide Studio Enterprise components and tools, DevExpress will provide a one year subscription for DXperience Enterprise w/CodeRush, and RedGate will provide a license for ANTS Performance Profiler.

When I seen this I thought I just had to share it with my family here at Dream.In.Code. More Here

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 10
  • +

Replies To: Unique upportunity for un/under employed developers

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Unique upportunity for un/under employed developers

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

I'm up for some of that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Unique upportunity for un/under employed developers

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

So has anyone contacted Arnie and signed up for this yet?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1