2 Replies - 706 Views - Last Post: 13 July 2010 - 05:50 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Setting up 1 Click Installation of Web Apps

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

I am very interested as I look at some of the big hosting companies lately all of the 1 click installers that many of them are using. I work for a fairly small hosting company, and was looking to learn how to setup a 1 click installation setup. I have read some basic things that recommend using and ISAPI_Rewrite module (I am on IIS). I was just looking for some basic references for how to set it up.
What I am looking for is to work off of a domain registrar api to register domains which will be pointed to our webserver where they can select their application (mostly ColdFusion based CMS's, blogs, etc.), and it will be downloaded and deployed on the webserver and then setup in IIS.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Setting up 1 Click Installation of Web Apps

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Setting up 1 Click Installation of Web Apps

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

The only 1 click installer I've seen is Wordpress. The PHP scripts basically include the code to create directories, create database entries including tables & columns, & just handle all of the work for you. I can't imagine that the other ones wouldn't be any different in what they setup.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Setting up 1 Click Installation of Web Apps

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:50 AM

There are a lot of ColdFusion one's out there. I was wondering how to set it up so that the installer can be run and then added into IIS (or another HTTP Server, I am not particular).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1