14 Replies - 1616 Views - Last Post: 29 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

#1 macosxnerd101   User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

AP Scores 2010

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

I just got my AP Scores in today, so I guess a lot of you all gotten yours back as well (if you took AP Exams). So what did you all get? How did you expect to do?

I got:
Computer Science- 5 (My easiest exam)
Calculus AB- 4
Chemistry- 4
Statistics- 4

I wasn't too surprised with any of them except Stats, b/c I was dead by the time I got to the exam, and I didn't feel confident (at least 95% confident ;)) in my answers.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: AP Scores 2010

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: AP Scores 2010

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

AP Calc AB 4!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

well i can't say anything about Computer Science or Calculus.... I'm taking AP Calculus BC and AP Computer Science next year. However, i did take AP Chem this year..... did pretty bad on it though. i got a 2. i have to say though, i blame my teacher. she wasn't so good at teaching AP. I mean.. dang, even for HER tests, we weren't ever rightfully prepared. even when we did the reviews she'd give us for it. most of the time the reviews were focusing too much on one thing that the tests wouldn't focus on at all.. it was really agitating. we were all basically always studying for the wrong stuff.... which resulted in bad test grades. and bad AP scores. most kids in my class got ones. :( and i also somehow managed to do horrible in AP U.S. History.... i got a 2 on that one as well. it was the most disappointing one considering i felt it was the easiest (i mean dang i got a 4 on the World History AP test.... you'd think U.S. history would be easier, the class certainly was). and then for AP english 3 i got a 3 on my AP test. i didn't so well this year.... and my rank in school probably dropped too.... maybe i'm number 7 or 8 now.... i was number 5. and before that 4. and before that 1. this year though i'm determined to turn myself around and take back Valedictorian. XD and get good AP scores haha

This post has been edited by Zekorov: 16 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101   User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

@ItIntern3: Good job!

@Zekorov: Ouch. That sucks. At least you got AP English this year.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

Got 5s on all three this year, Computer Science, World History, and European History. Considering I didn't even take an AP Computer Science course (Thanks a lot DIC) :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

I got a 5 in AP World History.

I wish I had DIC last year when I was taking my AP Computer Science exam....I got a 4...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 macosxnerd101   User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

Good job, everyone!

@Dogstopper: You can always retake it next year. You probably don't even need to brush up on GridWorld, as they give you the API plus some source code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

View PostZekorov, on 16 July 2010 - 10:58 AM, said:

well i can't say anything about Computer Science or Calculus.... I'm taking AP Calculus BC and AP Computer Science next year. However, i did take AP Chem this year..... did pretty bad on it though. i got a 2. i have to say though, i blame my teacher. she wasn't so good at teaching AP. I mean.. dang, even for HER tests, we weren't ever rightfully prepared. even when we did the reviews she'd give us for it. most of the time the reviews were focusing too much on one thing that the tests wouldn't focus on at all.. it was really agitating. we were all basically always studying for the wrong stuff.... which resulted in bad test grades. and bad AP scores. most kids in my class got ones. :( and i also somehow managed to do horrible in AP U.S. History.... i got a 2 on that one as well. it was the most disappointing one considering i felt it was the easiest (i mean dang i got a 4 on the World History AP test.... you'd think U.S. history would be easier, the class certainly was). and then for AP english 3 i got a 3 on my AP test. i didn't so well this year.... and my rank in school probably dropped too.... maybe i'm number 7 or 8 now.... i was number 5. and before that 4. and before that 1. this year though i'm determined to turn myself around and take back Valedictorian. XD and get good AP scores haha

If you want to be prepared for the computer science test (even though i didnt take it i studied for it over about a month long period before i decided not to take it) buy a barrons book. I got a barrons book for calc and it worked fairly well. Kaplens also makes a good AP Calc AB/BC book. PS. I got a 3 on AP world last year. Had no clue on one of the essays, but i think i nailed the one about the silk road! lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

I'm morally opposed to any AP test that requires you to study a case study. How about you give me the API on the test and if I can use it I'm good?

Grats on the scores. Even though my HS had CS courses, we never bothered with the test. We did have French, English, Bio, Anatomy, Calc, and History, although I only took the French (4, which was pretty good considering we prepared for a week). I would like to have taken History, but the class conflicted.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 macosxnerd101   User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

@ItIntern3: Forget the barons book, just help out on the Java forum. You'll be so over-prepared it's not even funny.

@xclite: I agree there. Honestly, I wish they'd drop GridWorld and put data structures back on the test. It's not like it's an even remotely useful library. At least teach Swing instead, as it is very OO.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

I got a 4 in AP Gov, a 3 in Lit, and a 1 in Euro.... I drew on that test haha

I'm not terrible at writing, but I really don't enjoy it (especially if its a topic I really dislike) thus the poor scores and drawings in my Euro exam.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Winning
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:43 AM

Are these AP exams similar to GCSE's or A Levels?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 macosxnerd101   User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

@clockworkjordan: Ouch. I got a 4 on Euro last year, and I loved the class and subject. I'm not a huge fan of the art, but other than that, I enjoyed most of the class.

@m-e-g-a-z: It looks pretty similar to those.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

4 U.S Hitory - 10th Grade

11th Grade:
5 AP Calculus AB
4 AP English Lang & Comp
4 AP Chemistry
4 AP Enviro Science
4 AP Euro History
3 AP Latin -- never studied, personally hated the course

And finally a FML 4 on AP Computers...pobably retaking next year. I think the MC messed me up, and I hate all those GridWorld questions...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 macosxnerd101   User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

Good job! You were crazy to take 7 APs in one yearm but it looks like you came out ahead in the end.

That sucks about AP CS. I hate GridWorld too, as I'd rather see Data Structures in it's place. Hopefully next year means a 5. And you have a year on DIC to get even better. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1