3 Replies - 1297 Views - Last Post: 18 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Why I Like Google Chrome

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:19 AM

Attached Image

There is a Firefox plugin that does the same thing, but it's not compatible with recent versions last time I checked.

Seriously does anyone else think it's ridiculous that someone can essentially do a DoS on your browser with some Javascript like this?
while (true)
{
    alert("HAHA sucker!");
}

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Why I Like Google Chrome

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Why I Like Google Chrome

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

View PostTom9729, on 18 July 2010 - 07:19 AM, said:

Attachment chrome.jpg

There is a Firefox plugin that does the same thing, but it's not compatible with recent versions last time I checked.

Seriously does anyone else think it's ridiculous that someone can essentially do a DoS on your browser with some Javascript like this?
while (true)
{
    alert("HAHA sucker!");
}

That's pretty cool actually.
I've switched to Chrome as my day-to-day browser myself. It unfortunately has more bugs still than FF. Like if I leave chrome running overnight when I get in to work I'll find it's using all of my otherwise unallocated RAM (usually about 3.5 gig). But if it had firebug rather than webkit's half-good developer tools I'd call myself an actual, you know, fan or something.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:40 AM

View Postmoopet, on 18 July 2010 - 03:24 AM, said:

Like if I leave chrome running overnight when I get in to work I'll find it's using all of my otherwise unallocated RAM (usually about 3.5 gig).

Yikes! Haven't noticed that yet, but that would definitely be a killer for me.

One of the other things that I really like about Chrome is that there's no status bar. It's easy to turn off in FF, but then there's no way of looking at links before you click them (without installing an extension anyways). :D

The new FF interface is pretty slick on Windows (tabs on top, no menu). Hasn't made its way to Linux yet though... :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

I use Chrome because some guy wrote an extension that allows people (me!) to run tryclojure in a small window at the top of the browser without going to my site. That sold it for me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1