• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 6176 Views - Last Post: 28 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java Sleep Function equivalent for Javascript

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

yes i saw that, and also you can probably to similar things with the filter property for IE, but anyways we are getting off topic :P, nice find though i like it and will probably use it later on
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#17 CTphpnwb   User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:55 AM

It's not really off topic. These are easy ways to do what you want. The only problem is that some users (ie, current IE users) don't have the capability to take advantage of modern standards. The choices developers make on individual projects like the one you're working on will determine how long before web development loses needless complications caused by browsers that don't follow web standards.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

well, i can already write my own functions to fade in and out that are cross-browser compatible, i wrote this thread in search of a sleep function for javascript, and i have pretty much come to the conclusion that there isn't one that is really safe to use
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#19 CTphpnwb   User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

True, there isn't one and that's because developers have settled for writing one block of code for IE and another for the rest of the world. We're at a point now where we can stop that nonsense if we make the right decisions. Write it for HTML5 and CSS3, then detect non-compliant browsers and alert the user to upgrade.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

yepp, thats what im going to do, im going to write it for firefox as that is my main browser, and about 90% of the visitors to my application are using firefox (data from google analytics)... ill try my best to make it function in other browsers but i am not going to write seperate code just for IE, i hate IE lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +