2 Replies - 3395 Views - Last Post: 02 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

How to rip sprite sequences from a big spritesheet?

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:43 AM

Hello!

I've tried many tutorials on how to rip sprite sequences from a larger spritesheet, but NONE of them seem to get the animation right when programming with them.

I've added an example as attachment. I want to rip the sprite sequences between the red lines and put them horizontally next to each other so my animation will become correct with the least code, preferably with a fuchsia (255, 0, 255) background color.

Is anyone able to provide me some useful help on this? That would get me started. I ain't asking to do it for me, just how to do it. It's been annoying me for days..

Thanks in advance!

Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to rip sprite sequences from a big spritesheet?

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to rip sprite sequences from a big spritesheet?

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

Unfortunately the people who rip these sprites don't place them in a fashion that can just be cropped and put into a game. You will have to set up your own dimensions and cut and paste each frame individually. Yeah its a real pain but it won't work any other way. The reason that the animation looks weird is because the frames aren't set out in exact dimensions.

Use Photoshop or Flash to do this, flash has onion skinning which can help to check how an animation looks and you can replay it in the program.

Hope that helps
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to rip sprite sequences from a big spritesheet?

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

Manual is about the only way to go unless you make a custom parser for sprite sheets yourself which would take far more time than it'd be worth.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1