7 Replies - 1172 Views - Last Post: 03 August 2010 - 01:42 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New to PHP - Need some help!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

Well, i tried to make this game in my mind with VB 6, then VB.Net, but both of them were not good for this game, because it has to be online.

Does anybody maybe have some easy tutorials for Mysql/PHP?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New to PHP - Need some help!

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New to PHP - Need some help!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:29 AM

depending on the nature of the game, PHP might not be good either …
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:38 AM

View PostDormilich, on 03 August 2010 - 03:29 AM, said:

depending on the nature of the game, PHP might not be good either …

PHP is the right one. I want to make a game like one i saw, and that game was made by PHP.

But now i have these questions:

1. How can i make an Register/Login page?

2. How can i make highscores?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

well, that’s at least some information …

1. the page itself would be in HTML, what you would have to do on the PHP side is comparing the password submitted by the form with the password from the place, where you store all user password. resp. the hashes of the password. for security reasons, you shouldn’t save any password in clear text.

2. highscores are just values saved somewhere. that might be in a file or in a DB.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:07 AM

View PostDormilich, on 03 August 2010 - 03:47 AM, said:

1. the page itself would be in HTML, what you would have to do on the PHP side is comparing the password submitted by the form with the password from the place, where you store all user password. resp. the hashes of the password. for security reasons, you shouldn’t save any password in clear text.

2. highscores are just values saved somewhere. that might be in a file or in a DB.

This is hard for me... So, actually the login/registering is just made by HTML? And about the highscores, could you maybe give a code for that. Or wait, i think it will be better if i first tell you what the game goes about.

The game is called toy tycoon. You have a factory, shipping place and a shop. You can hire workers to make toys for you. That will take around 5-10 minutes. There is also an shop to buy things to make toys. The one with the most earned money (you have to sell the toys for money) wins the game. Not a very big game...

This post has been edited by xweetok59: 03 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:30 AM

View Postxweetok59, on 03 August 2010 - 12:07 PM, said:

This is hard for me... So, actually the login/registering is just made by HTML?

well, you would need a GUI, either you use PHP-GTK, which is more of an application, or you create a website, as the only way to "talk" to PHP on a server is via HTTP.

View Postxweetok59, on 03 August 2010 - 12:07 PM, said:

The game is called toy tycoon. You have a factory, shipping place and a shop. You can hire workers to make toys for you. That will take around 5-10 minutes. There is also an shop to buy things to make toys. The one with the most earned money (you have to sell the toys for money) wins the game. Not a very big game...

are you sure that this project ain’t too big for you, yet?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:59 AM

View Postxweetok59, on 03 August 2010 - 04:07 AM, said:

View PostDormilich, on 03 August 2010 - 03:47 AM, said:

This is hard for me... So, actually the login/registering is just made by HTML? And about the highscores, could you maybe give a code for that. Or wait, i think it will be better if i first tell you what the game goes about.

I see it is... I'll just keep it at editing crime sources, ;).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

If u new to php u should check out netuts it's a great site with lots of screencast of different things including how to make a fully ledge login and register system.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1