8 Replies - 1439 Views - Last Post: 25 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

New Open Source Engine

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

Just for fun I suppose - the goal is to make a well-documented, basic C++ mathematical/number-crunching engine. Could be used as the backbone for physics engines, or anything else really. Starting this fresh on Google Code using SVN (using TortoiseSVN myself)

http://code.google.com/p/ultimath/

Also any tips/tricks for collaboration on Google Code would be greatly appreciated - I'm new to SVN/Google Code :)

Currently working on a parser that will take a string and convert it into a function. This way arrays/enumerations of strings can be created off hand and used effectively - much better than creating a new method for each function, which is how I started this project :P

Also one side question/curiosity - I know from trial that you cannot create an enumeration of enumerations - but is there any way to mimic this behavior? Something with a interface like ultimath.functions.physics.gravity - but without the use of classes/structs... :/

Actually the more I think about that the more I wonder what is on the backend of a C++ enumeration... Oh well - research for today :)

But yeah - there's my life-changing contribution to the world of open source haha - I know there are other libraries to use, and I know it might be something of a waste of time to make this - but fun, right? :D

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New Open Source Engine

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New Open Source Engine

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

Moved to Share Your Project. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

That exists? hahah thanks!

It seems that this forum moves extraordinarily slow compared to the others... lol

This post has been edited by Vermiculus: 14 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

I would be interested in working on this, if you don't mind...
gmail is demosthenes2k7, I've worked on several projects that you can find on googlecode, including chopshop-166, framework166, and Oratr.

I've downloaded the code already, and I'm going through now. It's...not compiling.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

Something with a interface like ultimath.functions.physics.gravity - but without the use of classes/structs...

What about using namespaces?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

Demosthenes, thanks a bunch! You're added - but I'm not sure if there's a lag for Google to update just go ahead and check I guess

And wow, thanks Adam, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Working with Visual Basic for a semester will kill all of your logic.

Oh.. - what problem are you having Demosthenes? does it give you an error message of any kind?

This post has been edited by Vermiculus: 14 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, I was thinking namespaces too...
So I fixed up the code so that it compiles under {gnu compiler} -Wall -Werror -Wextra -pedantic -Wno-long-long.
I also updated several things so that they're done C++ style, instead of C style, like making some char[] into strings.

EDIT: the errors I had were due to the fact that I wasn't using a visual studio, I'm using wxDev, which doesn't have sprintf_s, as well as several problems with things not being declared. I fixed those.
By the way, why did you comment every line with //, instead of just using /* */?

This post has been edited by demosthenes2k8: 14 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

VS does that sometimes - sometimes it uses block - sometimes line by line... I've yet to figure out the deciding factor in that hahah
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

Shameless self-bump.

Actually, I just wanted to re-advertise that this project is still more than open to new members. [I believe] we are finished the algorithms required, but I am having difficulty successfully translating the algorithm into C++.

http://code.google.com/p/ultimath/

This post has been edited by Vermiculus: 25 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1