Author Badge Bug

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 738 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Author Badge Bug

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

I have recently written 3 tutorials. I worked hard on all three, they were all accurate, professional, followed all rules, and in my opinion they were very good tutorials. They were all C++ tutorials, and they were all tutorials suggested by the C++ list of tutorials that had yet to be written. I knew for sure that they would be accepted.

I received no Dream Kudos, the tutorials did not show up in the forums - almost like I never wrote the tutorials. This made me figure that the tutorials were declined (much to my dismay).

However, I did receive the "Author" badge, and access to the private author forum. Is this a bug? Should my tutorials have been displayed? I don't want to lose my author badge, but I would like for my tutorials to be visible so others can learn from them! (Plus hopefully get my Kudos!)

I talked to another user, and the exact same thing happened to him - so I now know that I'm not the only one this happened to.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Author Badge Bug

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Author Badge Bug

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

How long ago did you submit these tutorials? Perhaps the system gave you the badge upon the submission, not the acceptance. I have seen this happen before though, so you're definitely not alone...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

The first one was only about a week ago. The most recent one was a day or two ago.

Why would I get the badge if the tutorial was not defiantly going to be accepted? Wouldn't this allow someone to write a completely bullshit tutorial just to get the badge?

This post has been edited by Splatocaster: 12 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

The time it takes for moderators to go through and accept tutorials is typically a week or two. My guess is that the system gave you an author's badge when you submitted them, but a moderator hasn't approved it yet. However, as a mentor, I have no way of knowing what's been accepted or what's not, but that is certainly my best guess.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

Thank you very much. I will update this post in a week or two when something happens.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

Looks like the cron job counts unapproved tutorials. No worries, your submissions are in the queue.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1