13 Replies - 1903 Views - Last Post: 13 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

Poll: School Classes (30 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite class?

1. Math (14 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. Science (14 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

3. Language(s) (1 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

4. English (1 votes [3.33%] - View)

5. Geography/History/Cultures (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

What's your least favorite class?

1. Math (1 votes [3.33%] - View)

2. Science (3 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Language(s) (5 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. English (12 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

5. Geography/History/Cultures (9 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

What's your classes?

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

So, I've been wondering if there's a trend on what the current generation of students' favorite classes are. Im guessing that the top 2 would be Science (Any type) And a language (Again, any type). Then there's the bottom 2, English and math. So, what's your honest opinion on your favorite and most hated class.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What's your classes?

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What's your classes?

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

Well, since this poll is on a programmer's forum, I wouldn't expect math to get too many votes for least favorite. Math is definitely essential to programming, especially for the game programmers amoung us.

Science is easily my favorite and I believe it will be the highest voted favorite. English wins for the least favorite just because I always hated the old Language Arts classes that I was forced to take for nearly half of my life in schools.

This post has been edited by Kilorn: 21 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

I agree. I actually dont mind math. Its pretty easy, most of the time im just too lazy to focus on it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

I really enjoy math classes. I'm currently taking Calculus II, and I find all of the theorems/rules extremely interesting...especially when you think about how people figured it all out hundreds of years ago.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

Thats when my brain starts to hurt... like i said, i kinda like math. Helps out a lot... But theres a lot that we learn that we dont need to learn, so to me it kinda gets a little pointless.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

I really like Science. I like Math too, but Pre-Calculus is seriously too easy with the exception of Combinatorics. I really enjoy History as well, but Language....blech.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

Honestly, at this point there aren't a lot of classes that I really enjoy. Science classes have been a mixed bag. My Chemistry class was a nightmare. The lab was extremely crowded, hot, and rushed (plus I'm color blind :-P).

Programming courses are my favorite so far. If a programming class isn't challenging or interesting, then it's at least easy enough that I can finish my work quickly enough that I have time of other things ;-) Math is getting interesting now that I'm in calculus.

Physics is cool other than the stupid online homework system, and the extremely crowded lecture auditorium. It helps that my lab group consists of me and 4 very attractive and intelligent ladies though :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Awesome
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

I voted Mathematics as my favorite and languages as my least favorite, when is odd, seeing as I am learning the language of Python now! I took both German and French and failed both, I just don't have a knack for languages.

The results for favorite subject, so far, are as I would have expected. High math, slightly lower science. The least favorite results surprised me a bit though, I didn't expect so many English classes. I thought it would have been History (I love history).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

I really enjoy Math, but it is kicking my [email protected]# right now. I am only taking Pre-Calc but my last real math class was 5 years ago in high school. It is very interesting, and I cannot wait to take Calculus. I just have to invest a little more time than I would like.

-alias
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Awesome
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

If there is anything you need help with alias I can try to give you a hand. I can't promise miracles though. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

I appreciate the offer Jambr, i'm doing alright for now. It just takes me longer to understand the material because of the way I study. I always Ace'd History since I can memorize facts very easily. Can't solely apply that technique to Math, so I have to slow down and re-read the material a few times.

-Alias
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Garbage Collector

• View blog

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

In general, my favorite classes are Computer Science classes followed closely by (most) Math classes.

Specifically this semester, I'm taking these classes:

Programming Languages
Physics
Linear Algebra
Computer Networking
Probability and Statistics

Favorite is Programming Languages (it's about designing languages, a lot of theory, interesting stuff).

Least favorite is Probability and Statistics. It's just not for me. I don't find it too interesting nd I'm not doing too well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

I never really disliked classes... well I disliked gym in highschool, I never could understand how gym assisted us in learning. The "teacher" (if that's what you can call him) explained it's because we're all lazy sacks of crap who sit on our asses all day and never work out.

How does he know that? He's never been to my home. He may be surprised to learn that we worked harder then he probably ever had in his life. I mean come on, my childhood was spent on a farm and in the woods. And when I came to the south it was on the streets and in the woods again. I don't think I sat for more then 5 minutes straight, even in class.

Anyways I selected languages (I assumed it meant foreign languages as English had its own selection). I didn't have anything against foreign languages, just wasn't ever any good at them. I could pick up basic stuff and the sort, but it bored me to no end. I was more interested in maths and science and couldn't be bothered in memorizing some language I would never get to use because I didn't know anyone who actually spoke it... yet the languages I was slightly interested in weren't available (and the only reason I found them interesting was because they were languages I may of actually had a chance to use, like German).

As for favourite, I always loved mathematics. I even went to college to learn more math, but dropped out for a combination of reasons... one of which was that they weren't teaching me anything I didn't already know. Found it faster to just buy the books and learn it at home on my own.

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 12 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

Networking & Security
Relational Databases
Web development
Capstone project