1 Replies - 797 Views - Last Post: 20 November 2010 - 04:13 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for advice to decide what language to use in Robotics

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

Hello,

I won't be the first with this problem, but I'm looking for advise to decide what language to use.
The language will be used for robotics. For everything from PIC programming till using a cellphone as "Robobrain".
My level of programmingskills is very low. When I was young (now 37), I've programmed some very small basic programs on a Commodore 64, but looking at basic from today I can't seem to find the logics of the program.
Every good sugestion is welcome.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for advice to decide what language to use in Robotics

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Looking for advice to decide what language to use in Robotics

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

UHH,, cell phone?

I would look into PLC programing with ladder logic. (Programmable Logic Controller)Allen Bradley makes a large variety of PLC's for use with industrial controls. They might be to big for your robot but I would just suggest building a bigger robot :)

PIC's will work great but the have a language that's all there own. It depends on what PIC you get, most that I have seen use C/C++ code through some type of IDE interface.

One problem that you might run into is driving the robots big motors with a tinny PIC.

They make all in one computer mother boards that you can use as your robots brain. Then you will need a good I/O board to connect your brain to the robot.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1