2 Replies - 490 Views - Last Post: 20 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Hey everyone!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

Hey y'all!

I'm a newer programmer, only been programming seriously for about a year, but have been dealing with computers since about 3 years, from running a private gaming server to hacking windows to finally running linux for the programming haven it makes for me that windows never could.

I started programming on a windows XP machine, and my hard drive failed so now I deal with my gargantuan hard drive of 1.5GB, then I found linux, and it pretty much saved my computer life... (In addition to allowing me to relieve my security fanaticism) Now I use linux with all my development tools and I have plenty of space to spare :D

So, on to my programming experience :)
So far I'm pretty good at Java, a advanced beginner at Python and PHP/CSS/HTML, and a little knowledge of C/C++/VC++, and retired at the .NET languages since my transition to linux.

Right now I'm working on my website to publish whatever I make, and a hosts file manager ( http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Hosts_file ) and all the time trying to improve my install of linux :D

So anyway, see you all in the PHP, Java, and Python forums!
-LinuxFan

P.S.: I don't believe in giving out personal info freely on the internet, but here's a few things from the template (some removed because I can't think of an answer)
Sex: Male
Programming Languages: Java, Python, PHP, CSS, HTML, ex-.NET
Years Programming/Designing: About one, but been on computers for about three
Employer: Freelance application programmer
Hobbies/Interests: Yo-Yos, Video gaming, programming
Don't really have favorite bands, I have favorite songs: Viva la Vida by Coldplay, Ballroom Blitz by Sweet, and a few others I can't think of the names
Favorite Color: Orange
Favorite Number: 7
Favorite Beverage: Root beer!
Favorite Video Game: Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest (on PS2)
Likes: Finishing a script without needing to consult docs/google
Dislikes: Computer viruses, hard drive failures, web development
Last Good Book I Read: Everything by the author Dean R. Koontz
If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, It Would Be: Super intelligence

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Hey everyone!

• kitties == adorable

• View blog

Re: Hey everyone!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

Hey LinuxFan, welcome to </Dream.In.Code> I'm Alex6788 a C++ coder (and windows user :P)

This is a nice introduction. I've been programming for about four years but started on C++ early last year. I love root beer too! but it's not my favorite beverage. I'm suer you'll be of great help in the PHP, Java, and Python forums.

Enjoy the site :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hey everyone!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Thanks, Alex6788, and I sure hope I can be of help in the forums - I added a python snippet my first day on </Dream.In.Code> ! (Admittedly, I already had it lying around, but still... :) )

Thanks for the greeting and good luck with C++!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1