3 Replies - 499 Views - Last Post: 13 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

New coder

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hi my name is Matthew and I am from Manchester, England. I started a university course in Forensic Computing last year at the wrinkley old age of 37 but I am really enjoying myself.
As you can probably guess , my first year at university involves alot of programming (mostly in java) and because I am new to this I thought the best move would be to find a forum of professionals and people at my level I ca talk to on a regular basis.
Well that said I am really glad to be part of this community and hope to make many friends. ttfn :punk:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New coder

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New coder

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hey Matthew!

I'm Dogstopper, and I hang out in the Java Forum almost all the time. I have not yet gone to college, but forensic computing sounds really cool! And I applaud you for going back at your age. That really is something to just go back. As for you looking for a community, </Dream.In.Code> is a great place to talk, relax, give and get help, and get to know others in the community.

There are some things that you need to be aware of. First, when posting a topic, make sure to post it in the right forum. That is essential to keeping the forums clean. Secondly, when posting code, errors, or similar things, use the code tags -> :code:.

Finally, we have hundreds of Tutorials and Code snippet in a variety of languages. You can either look manually or do a search for them (with the Advanced Search at the top-right). If you just want to chill, talk, and have a good time, make sure you visit the Caffeine Lounge
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:49 AM

Welcome, and as they say you are not too old to live as long as you are not too old to rock`n`roll. I've quit my school and starting a new one soon -not in IT, I like health sciences such as vet, biolog, medicine-.

You are welcome, I hope you'll find this place useful.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

Forensic computing! That's awesome! Doesn't it require a lot of low level programing? :tank:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1