3 Replies - 4666 Views - Last Post: 16 February 2011 - 07:38 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to Google Map in Rails 3

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:51 AM

Hi everybody, I've recently started to learn RoR. I'm writing an application in Rails 3 to where will be integrated Google Map. I've googled :boat: a lot...I've found many plugins(YM4R/GM, cartographer) which are already written(to Rails 2)( but whole of them are not working in Rails 3). I'd appreciate if someone help to integrate it with Rails 3 and also how to manipulate it using JSON. Thanks in advance. :phone:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to Google Map in Rails 3

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How to Google Map in Rails 3

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

:hang: :huh2:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

Head First Rails has a good tutorial for Google Maps integration with ruby on rails. Although it is not free and it was written for ruby 1.8 rails 2.X. I would head to a Borders (If they still exist) or Barnes and Noble (Again if they still exist) and look for the book. It was a fairly short chapter it should only take an hour or so to read and record the major points to take home to work on unless you have a notebook. In case you were wondering what the book looked like. Also If I find mine and you still haven't located or have a lead I can send you some points of interest in that chapter. Actually I believe the last two chapters are Google Maps related
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Guest_apneadiving*

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

Have a look here, gmpqs4rails provides a good wrapper:

https://github.com/a...-Maps-for-Rails
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1