2 Replies - 1120 Views - Last Post: 17 January 2011 - 04:26 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How To Shrink Dot Net Bar Component Size?

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hey Guys I Made A Tabbed Web Browser With History Bookmarks Proxy And All That Stuff And I Used Dot Net Bar To Make It Look Awesome :bananaman:
But Now I Found Out That My Browser Size With Out The Components Is 400 KB And With The Component It's More Than 5000 KB <_<
So My Question Is There Any Way To "Shrink It!!" I Know It Seems Pretty Dumb Question But I Really Had To Ask
Thanks In Advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How To Shrink Dot Net Bar Component Size?

• Pugnacious Penguin (inspired by no2pencil)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How To Shrink Dot Net Bar Component Size?

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

Well, I'd put everything in a highly compressed .7z file (depending on the contents of whatever files you've got, you should be able to shrink the size down to about 1000-2000kb). Then make an installer file which extracts everything from the .7z file. When extracted to "C:\Program Files\YourBrowserName", the files will have to be the normal size (unless you want to extract them from an archive to a temp folder whenever your browser is executed).

Alternatively, you could make an installer which downloads the components for your browser from the internet, and moves them to "C:\Program Files\Whatever.exe". That way, the installer file would be small, but the actual files would be the same size.

Other than compression, there's no way (that I know of) to "shrink" files.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How To Shrink Dot Net Bar Component Size?

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Thanks A Lot You Are Awesome ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1