2 Replies - 704 Views - Last Post: 16 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Image Gallery

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hey guys. This is going to be kind of a weird site check. The following isn't my site, and most of the design work isn't mine either. I'm developing an image gallery and a sign up form for it.

http://kellyllc.net/test/gallery.php

The friend I'm doing the work for said that the owner was checking it out and managed to break the gallery by clicking the next image button quickly. He said that a second gallery appeared below the first one, among other weird issues. Neither me or my friend can recreate the problem on our computers.

So I would love a review on the gallery (and on anything else in the /test/ directory, I'll pass the tips on to him), and I would especially love to hear if anyone is able to recreate the issue. Thanks (:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Image Gallery

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Image Gallery

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

You have some errors here... I posted them below...

var image_num = ;var cat = ;var captions = ;var images = new Array();

In the line above you are missing values being assigned to image_num, cat and captions. Because of this error it means that the body tag cannot see the Init() function either.

Then in IE 8 and clicking gallery 3 next button really fast does indeed cause an error and it isn't another gallery he is seeing, he is just seeing one of the thumbnails at full size appearing in the thumbnail bar. IE is reporting an object expected error. This error doesn't appear in FF or Chrome 9. It appears to be only happening on gallery 3 out of my initial tests though.

So the errors are definitely there and of course IE is leading the charge.

Hope this helps!

Attached Image
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Image Gallery

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

That's strange. I'm seeing values for all three of those variables when I look. Are you just viewing the source to see that or are you using some kind of developer addon?

Oh snap thanks for catching. He actually just forgot to scale that particular image down to thumbnail size. I'm thinking/hoping that was the presumed error.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1