4 Replies - 1651 Views - Last Post: 06 March 2011 - 06:12 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

C#.Net ODBC...Duhh?

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

My primary application is in C#.net, I am hoping to use a combination of a MS MCV with an open source MVC on MySQL and as the primary db.

I am struggling with perhaps a very basic concept when it comes to authentication. I know the .NET Connector at MySQL is a fully managed ODBC driver that could manage auth (but donít want to us it) and you can always create a stored procedure as well (but I want to hand write the function in the login control itself with the statement).

...Drag and drop out of the toolbox then Web config, and the attribute to be applied to pages based upon auth , and basic ODBC in the C# login control that would check >1 and validate user?

I see so many examples for C# with a reference folder, but no examples for C#.net. So I guess I am wondering if there is a tut for a C#.Net/ MySQL login with the function for the login control appended with statement inside the control. Could possibly explain the web config params and type of attributes to be applied to individual pages. Im using VS2010

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C#.Net ODBC...Duhh?

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C#.Net ODBC...Duhh?

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:00 AM

Password handling tutorial

I see so many examples for C# with a reference folder, but no examples for C#.net.

That just doesn't make sense. C# is a .NET language. There is no such thing as C# that isn't .NET {to my knowledge}
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

Sounds like you want to create your own user control?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 06 March 2011 - 10:00 AM, said:

Password handling tutorial

I see so many examples for C# with a reference folder, but no examples for C#.net.

That just doesn't make sense. C# is a .NET language. There is no such thing as C# that isn't .NET {to my knowledge}

There's Mono.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

I knew someone was going to bring that up.

The Mono homepage said:

Mono is a software platform designed to allow developers to easily create cross platform applications. It is an open source implementation of Microsoft's .Net Framework based on the ECMA standards for C# and the Common Language Runtime. We feel that by embracing a successful, standardized software platform, we can lower the barriers to producing great applications for Linux.

So it's more like the Framework without windows than it is C# without the framework.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1