• (3 Pages)
  • +

44 Replies - 2589 Views - Last Post: 26 December 2006 - 10:03 PM

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

What'd you do in 2006?

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:25 PM

Let's see... I got my associates degree (FINALLY), spent a week in the Outer Banks, NC, went to Washington, DC with sloth, went to Atlanta, got engaged.

What'd you do this year?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What'd you do in 2006?

• The king of Nynex
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What'd you do in 2006?

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:40 PM

This year so far (I'm optimistic :P ) I witnessed the birth of my son, knocked down my chimney, put a new bit of floor in ther bedroom to cover where the chimney had been, went to see Guns 'n' Roses in concert (they rocked so hard it hurt), got a promotion, and started work on my kitchen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:41 PM

I totally forgot I saw Blue Man Group too. That was pretty cool.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

Looking back I've done a lot!

Became a moderator here at DIC. Took on a job as a radio announcer. Turned 20. Stood up to my boss' wife and later quit the job partially because of her. Started dating a girl who I thought I'd marry one day and lost her for reasons unknown within a month's time. Worked at Subway for a month before quitting because they couldn't understand sleep, school or sanity. Started at the local community college studying for Network Systems Administration (to both learn and have my ticket signed). Was elected CoPresident of the college's Student Senate. Started hanging out with females more because I can. Joined a Men's fellowship at church. Started doing some freelance that'll pay...and in a decent amount of time.

Wow, what a year.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:31 PM

I mostly slept! haha let's see...

-got out of 3 year relationship
-worked as a photographer for a while
-started my current job now, love it!
-broke and fixed my car 7ish times
-whored myself out
-sold my beloved Miata
-reformed my old band
-choose VAULT as my beverage of choice
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• A$$hole Extraordinaire.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:37 PM

went thru school, got to my first unit, been to 2 field ops, bought my first car, been to many networking classes (and more to come), been in cuffs for my first time, turned 20, ridden in many a vehicle that i'd only seen on tv before, and dealt with some of the stupidest people ever when it comes to computer problems.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:39 PM

2006 was a big year for me. I went down to New Mexico and got to meet Skyhawk, Nexus, Sloth, Nova, Videege, along with other DIC members. I got to explore the desert, everyone showed me an awesome time.

I returned home to a brand new job, hell, a career. I'm doing the work I want to do, I get paid well to do it, and my coworkers show a lot of respect.

Other developments included... a new desktop at the start of the year, I switched to Nextel for my cell phone.... and I'm sure a ton of other stuff happend that I'm forgetting about...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

The year started great. I was working full time and considered one of the top locksmiths in Las Vegas. I released Key Trax II in January and Attended the International Security Commision as a Vendor and set everything up for a second tradeshow in July. The ALOA, Associated Locksmiths of America, the single largest organization for Locksmiths in America.
That's when everything went wrong. One week before the show I was rear-ended and as many of you already know am in constant pain, & headache since. The show went poorly because I was both drugged and in pain so my presentations were less than professional. My laptop was in the van when the accedent happened and the start of the second day at the trade show, it crapped out, the HD had been damaged and I reformatted and all, but it crashed again, so I spent the first two hours of a 6 hour trade show, going to buy and then set up a new laptop. We made no sales during that show, but some have bought since then from my brochures and demo disk.
The workmans comp insurance company says I was making more money than they are required to compensate for, so instead of getting 2/3 of my prior income, I am getting less.
And OH, I used a credit card to the tune of $8000 to set up the second trade show. It has since converted to 32% interest since I have been unable to pay all my bills now for 5 months.
The first three months workmans comp tried to place my income at 38000 a year instead of 62000. They finally capitulated, but as I stated, they don't have to legally cover all of it!
Two weeks ago, they finally oked physical therapy so I am now seeing a Doctor every day of the work week.

My 12 year old daughter has decided that living in SIN CITY with me compromises her Christian Lifestyle because I reject that crap so thouroughly that I showed her where her Bible came from, and asked her why she wasn't Catholic, since they invented the New Testement on which her ridiculous religion is based on. So she has decided to live excusively with her mother 400 miles away, her Mother is only in church because her husband, who she divorced to be with me and then remarried three years later when my daughter was 2, has to go so his mother will continue helping him financially. He has been in a part time job, 32 hrs a week for 10 years.

My wife still loves me though, so I have that.

So basically, this year has been a real bummer and an eye opener. I didn't insure my mortgage, two car loans and all the credit cards against lost income, because I was very careful about everything I did. My job is one of the lowest injury suseptable careers available, who thinks a locksmith will get physically hurt opening cars, houses or even safes, it's all a science, only a clumsy or incompetant indivdual is likely to get hurt locksmithing. Unless you get blindsided by a moron. And since 60% of the populace is morons, and since 90% of the morons visit Las Vegas at some time in their life, I should have known I was a target just waiting to get tagged.

Word to the wise, even though you may never need it, pay the dollar or two extra for the insurance.

View Postskyhawk133, on 20 Dec, 2006 - 01:25 PM, said:

Let's see... I got my associates degree (FINALLY), spent a week in the Outer Banks, NC, went to Washington, DC with sloth, went to Atlanta, got engaged.

What'd you do this year?

Congratulations.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

touched myself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

let's see....
  • got book learned in the spring
  • realized i was an alcoholic over the summer and kicked the bottle
  • cut my long hair
  • turned 19
  • switched completely over to linux (non of that dual boot bullshit)
  • went to north carolina and chilled in a beach house over the summer with skyhawk
  • hung out with markodageek for a few days towards the end of summer
  • had a job at a call center for 1 month, and then decided i will never work at a call center again
  • got in my first fight
    broke my hand and got 10 stiches in my left middle finger
  • returned to book learning in the fall
  • halted book learning for chritmas
  • managed to get addicted to magic the gathering and rune scape (again) :(

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:08 PM

When I first thought about it I didn't think much had happened this past year. But after reminiscing about it there are a couple things of note that happened this year.

First I celebrated my 2nd anniversary with my wife. And we, for the first time in our lives, took a hot air balloon ride and enjoyed 2-1/2 hours of quiet solitude flying high in the skies.

I earned my Associates degree in computer programming and immediately started working on my Bachelors at a new college.

In addition I became a moderator here at Dream in Code and have met many new friends in this wonderful community.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:16 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 20 Dec, 2006 - 02:49 PM, said:

touched myself.

Sounds like your update last year
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I liek milk!!1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:31 PM

Built a program that handles Grain Coop checks.
Built a web shopping cart from scratch in two weeks (interfaces with Microsoft Great Plains)
Built a Tour Website's administrative side and did the design.
Designed a Coffee Shop Website.
Painted 80% of the inside of my house.
Got rid of roomates.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The king of Nynex
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

View PostNicholasDavis, on 20 Dec, 2006 - 03:31 PM, said:

Got rid of roomates.

Did this involve some late night digging in the local woods?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Innocent Shall Suffer, Big Time
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

Got Married
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -