2 Replies - 853 Views - Last Post: 28 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Documenting how-to's and procedures

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

Hey folks,

I got a job learning a new POS system I have to write documentation to support the staff, really easy stuff like how to's and stuff.

I was wondering what methods/software others are using to do this kind of work. After I'm done it will be compiled into a book for staff usage.

Cheers
Metric
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Documenting how-to's and procedures

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Documenting how-to's and procedures

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:24 AM

To my knowledge, most people would just use a Word Processor and over time a template would appear which they would be able to use multiple times. This is what I do for the small documentation I have done, and for coursework.. I would be interested in hearing about any software made for it though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Documenting how-to's and procedures

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

View PostShane Hudson, on 28 April 2011 - 06:24 AM, said:

To my knowledge, most people would just use a Word Processor and over time a template would appear which they would be able to use multiple times. This is what I do for the small documentation I have done, and for coursework.. I would be interested in hearing about any software made for it though.

Hmm, I'll probably end up designing a Word template, Im just curious if anyone has any word processors with special features that link to this, like indesign or something.

Thanks for the reply :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1