Design- icons

Graphic desigh -icons to place on task.

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1475 Views - Last Post: 18 January 2007 - 03:39 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Design- icons

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:31 AM

[size=3]I need help on how to design an icon to place on the taskbar and desktop. just like an e for internet explorer or w for word.
which application and what dimensions can I use?

This post has been edited by muja: 17 January 2007 - 06:32 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Design- icons

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Design- icons

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:16 AM

well the extension is an .ico file and that's the most of it, finding a program that can read and write .icos. i know the photoshop version i have, a relatively archaic one, 7, can't write .icos but i thought CS2 could but i'm not sure. maybe it's a plugin or some shit. anyway for a quicky you can make an image in photoshop, save it as whatever, jpeg if you wish, and load it up in a program that can read them, an example would be IconForge a freebie i use then save it up. you want the dimensions to be proportionately equal to the size of the .ico and in essence the best quality would be to make it at 100%

holy shit 4k posts, i win ftw. too bad the 4k was by helping someone.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Design- icons

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:39 AM

View PosteLliDKraM, on 17 Jan, 2007 - 08:16 AM, said:

well the extension is an .ico file and that's the most of it, finding a program that can read and write .icos. i know the photoshop version i have, a relatively archaic one, 7, can't write .icos but i thought CS2 could but i'm not sure. maybe it's a plugin or some shit. anyway for a quicky you can make an image in photoshop, save it as whatever, jpeg if you wish, and load it up in a program that can read them, an example would be IconForge a freebie i use then save it up. you want the dimensions to be proportionately equal to the size of the .ico and in essence the best quality would be to make it at 100%

holy shit 4k posts, i win ftw. too bad the 4k was by helping someone.

many thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1