3 Replies - 17209 Views - Last Post: 05 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Connect to local network while on VPN.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

So work uses Cisco AnyConnect VPN and when it is connected I can not interact with any of the computers on my local network. That includes (oddly enough) any bridged VMs as well as servers/laptops, network storage etc.

This is a problem for me. (use of network storage for version control. shared clipboards etc.)

Anyway, is there anything that can be done? (short of opening my network up or VPN'ing back into my network with OpenVPN from inside of Cisco etc. -- these solutions work but are a VERY slow).

BTW: I have checked the "Allow Local Lan Access" in the AnyConnect Client. So I think it is not configured on the server side?

If it is a question of somehow configuring multiple net cards I have Ethernet and Wireless... not that I am sure that gets me anything.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Connect to local network while on VPN.

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Connect to local network while on VPN.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

lol -- so looking over the "Related Topicsbeta" I see that I have asked a similar question before. This time however it is not the local network. The cause seems to the AnyConnect VPN which disables local access.

What is really strange is that VM's that are bridged seem to be able to access the local network just fine (although not the computer they are running on if it turns on the vpn). So really everything is just odd when I turn on the vpn.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

This is because when you connect to a VPN your default gateway because the remote hardware that you are connected to, and unless switched to it doesn't share the internet connection.

The fix for this is:
Go to My Network Places --> view Network Connections --> Right click on [Your Virtual Private Network connection] --> Properties --> Networking Tab --> Choose Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) --> Properties Button --> Advanced Button --> General Tab --> UNCHECK "Use Default Gateway on Remote Network". Click OK until you're out of the connection properties. Re-connect to your VPN.

Source:
Can't connect to Internet while VPN'd
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

I dont know if it's a thing with the AnyConect software or what but I too use it and have the same problem. I wasnt able to find that last option on either of my PCs and they're using Win 7 Pro, and XP Pro.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1