3 Replies - 4982 Views - Last Post: 16 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Just started my programming career

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

I finished university about 4 months ago and graduated about 2 months back so I've been looking for a starting programming job that get me off the ground.

So after a few missed opportunities I got contacted about this job from a recruitment agent about 3 weeks ago. The guy sets up an interview with the company for the Thursday that same week. So I go in and spent about 2+ hours with the interviewer, chatting and a small test on their language (KCML). After about 5 hours I got offered the job!

So I had my first day at ADP Dealer Services in Hungerford on Wednesday last week, they deal with car dealerships software systems through the UK and various other countries around the world. So I'm learning KCML to help maintain and develop their software forms (also made in KCML), it's similar to Visual Basic which I've had experience in so it's not too bad, plus a ton of programming concept experience from various languages.

I hope to stay with them for a long while to come, and not just for the nice salary :bigsmile:

This post has been edited by ShadowsEdge19: 15 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Just started my programming career

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Just started my programming career

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Wow. Congrats!. Good luck with your job. Hope you will be loving it :) What uni did you graduate from?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Oxford Brookes Uni with a BSc in Computer Science 2:1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

That's great I'm starting my second year at Glyndwr University in October - BSC Applied Computing, hope I can get a job that soon after graduating!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1