2 Replies - 961 Views - Last Post: 03 September 2011 - 05:07 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to analyze incoming data from a specific program?

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

My current project is to program a script/program that sits idle beside a program and analyzes the data within it, then based on some calculations I would simulate some key press into that said program. I need to read in text that is displayed on the screen.

one might call this a "bot"

My initial stance for this was attempting to recognize the text on the screen via OCR, but the accuracy is quite low.

What I would like help with:

More specifically, if possible, how to intercept the data that is being sent to me and take the data right from the source,

if that is not possible if some one could set me up with a proper OCR. I tried tesseract and the java version of it too since I am more familiar with java but I had no luck.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to analyze incoming data from a specific program?

#2 Salem_c   User is online

• void main'ers are DOOMED
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to analyze incoming data from a specific program?

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

Is this what you're trying to do?
http://en.wikipedia....Screen_scraping
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How to analyze incoming data from a specific program?

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Woah, lol that's very well put. Haha I struggled to describe what I wanted to achieve but "Screen Scraping" seems to be exactly what I want. I'm going to look into this and hopefully I can find some guides. If you could also direct me to anything that would be appreciated too, but you have defiantly led me to the right direction.

Thank you so much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1