5 Replies - 2062 Views - Last Post: 05 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wireless Network Connection HELP!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

Hi,
ever since i set up my home network, I was unable to do many things. for example, I'm connected to the Internet, I can chat, check my emails and browse websites. However, when I try to use the media stores in itunes, real player or widows media player a message pops up stating that I'm not connected to the internet and I need to connect to the internet if i want to proceed. Also when i upgraded to internet explorer 7 browser and installed mozilla firefox broweser the same problem occurred 'unable to connect'. I don't know what to do. By the way the problem only happens to my wireless laptop, the PC in which the wireless router is connected to works perfectly. COULD ANYONE HELP ME OUT PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wireless Network Connection HELP!

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wireless Network Connection HELP!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

So the browser states that your not connected also? how are you getting to webpages and such?

What operating system are you running on your laptop?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

It sounds like you have proxies enabled.

If that is the case try Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Uncheck any boxes that may be checked.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

If its Windows XP, it could be just Microsoft's awesome WirelessConfigurationZero playing games...

If it worked at one time, and now its not working, it may be helpful to remove the settings for the wireless network and re-connect completely. If this is XPSP2 the wireless network settings are located under the 'Wireless Networks' tab in the advanced settings.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:46 PM

You may want to make sure that Windows in its infinite helpfulness didn't bridge your wireless and wired connections. Also disable the firewall if running xp sp2
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

View PostMarkoDaGeek, on 3 Mar, 2007 - 12:23 PM, said:

So the browser states that your not connected also? how are you getting to webpages and such?

What operating system are you running on your laptop?

Hey. The old version of internet explorer works when browsing webpages. However, when i upgraded to internet explorer 7 i was unable to browse webpages so i uninstalled that version and went back to the old version (IE 6). I'm using Windows XP.
thanks

View Posthotsnoj, on 3 Mar, 2007 - 12:30 PM, said:

It sounds like you have proxies enabled.

If that is the case try Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Uncheck any boxes that may be checked.

Hey. i tried that and the boxes were unchecked so I don't think the problem lies on the proxies being enabled. do you have any other ideas?
Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1