3 Replies - 9917 Views - Last Post: 26 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Joomla with ASP.NET

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

Hello DIC experts!

I know Joomla is supposed to be compatible with PHP & MySQL. I was wondering if it is possible for me to integrate Joomla with my ASP.NET/C# web application. Has anyone had any success with this before? Obviously my application would be hosted on a server, would this put any restraints on my project if it does get implemented? I have read up on it & I couldn't get any concrete information but I did find that even if I did get it working, I would run into security problems. Can anybody shed some light on this? I would prefer to go the ASP.NET & MS SQL route as opposed to the PHP/MySQL route. Is this advisable and if so what would be the pros/cons.

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Joomla with ASP.NET

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Joomla with ASP.NET

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

Can you expand on "integrate Joomla with my ASP.NET/C# "? Integrated how?

Off hand there's things like 'web matrix' that might help you:
http://www.microsoft.../web/webmatrix/
https://www.microsof...using-webmatrix
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hey.

Joomla isn't "compatible" with PHP, it is written in PHP. So PHP is not optional.

That doesn't mean you can't install this along side your .NET apps. PHP runs fine on IIS servers, so you could simply set it up to run both ASP.Net and PHP.

As for the database system. I'm not sure if Joomla will support MSSQL, but like with PHP, MySQL runs fine on a Windows server, so you could easily set it up to run along side MSSQL.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for the responses guys, I am sorry if my question was vague as I am new to Joomla but I wanted to incorporate some of the neat scripts with an ASP.NET web app of mine. From the sounds of it, I was imagining it as a plugin within my existing application, but I think that assumption is incorrect. More importantly, if there's a chance that Joomla wouldn't work with MS SQL then that wouldn't work with my current setup. Sounds like PHP & MySQL is the way to go, thanks for the WebMatrix solution, I'll explore that option as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1