4 Replies - 2338 Views - Last Post: 28 November 2011 - 12:58 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Image Processing

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:21 AM

I need to do image processing in C for my final year project. Can you please guide how should I proceed with it ? My project is plotting real time traffic status on Google Maps which can be accessed by an Android application and web. I need to do image processing to determine traffic status.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Image Processing

• void main'ers are DOOMED
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Image Processing

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

What does plotting a "*" on top of a google map have to do with image processing?

Because it seems to me you just dumped a load of buzz-words on a forum and you're expecting us to come up with a project proposal.

> I need to do image processing to determine traffic status.
You mean you've got a camera pointing at some stretch of roadway?

Explain in detail the exact steps you're planning to perform, and the associated hardware involved (say camera, web server, android device) and we might just be able to offer something more focussed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

View PostSalem_c, on 26 November 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

What does plotting a "*" on top of a google map have to do with image processing?

Because it seems to me you just dumped a load of buzz-words on a forum and you're expecting us to come up with a project proposal.

> I need to do image processing to determine traffic status.
You mean you've got a camera pointing at some stretch of roadway?

Explain in detail the exact steps you're planning to perform, and the associated hardware involved (say camera, web server, android device) and we might just be able to offer something more focussed.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

My project has already been accepted by my university reviewing committee. My projects include:
*installing camera on road
*interfacing the camera with a server using GSM
*camera will transmit per minute picture of road to the server. The server will do image processing and determine the traffic congestion
*This traffic status will be plotted on google maps in the form of coloured road strips
*The user will be able to access this modified google maps using an Android application or a web page

Can you please provide me with some tips how to develop the algorithm for image processing? Being a telecommunication student, I dont have much programming experience.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• void main'ers are DOOMED
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Have you tried this link?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -