4 Replies - 2369 Views - Last Post: 29 December 2011 - 08:29 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

SDL & Irrlicht

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

I know you can dó the same in lrrlicht, but i want to use SDL code/ functions to draw text, images inside Irrlicht ( to handle 2d) and use

Irrlicht to do the hardcore 3D thing, how can you apply text or images from sdl to this Irrlicht Engine , can you show me simple code' so i can understand?

In the SDL you can do such:

// I start by declare the SDL video Name

SDL_Surface *screen; 

//  set the video mode:

screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(640, 480, 32, SDL_DOUBLEBUF | SDL_FULLSCREEN); if (screen == NULL) { printf("Unable to set video mode: %s\n", SDL_GetError()); return 1; }

// I can now display data, image, text on the screen by using the declared SDL video Name " screen "

SDL_BlitSurface(my_image, &src, screen, &dest);

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: SDL & Irrlicht

• member icon

• View blog

Re: SDL & Irrlicht

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

Do you want to use SDL and integrate to Irrlicht or do you want to use Irrlicht to do the same that you are used to do with SDL?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

View Postanonymouscodder, on 29 December 2011 - 03:02 AM, said:

Do you want to use SDL and integrate to Irrlicht or do you want to use Irrlicht to do the same that you are used to do with SDL?

I want to use SDL and integrate to Irrlicht
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:10 AM

Irrlicht has perfectly adequate GUI capabilities. This might be possible but seriously tricky and unstable as well. Why don't you want to use Irrlicht's GUI capabilities?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

View Poststayscrisp, on 29 December 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

Irrlicht has perfectly adequate GUI capabilities. This might be possible but seriously tricky and unstable as well. Why don't you want to use Irrlicht's GUI capabilities?

Becouse i'm used to SDl, but i got anyother problem right now:

I downloaded " Irrlicht SDK 1.7.2 " ' to use it on my mac, but when i click " Build and Run " and after it done, it can't find the the app

it says:

CompileC build/MacOSX.build/Debug/libIrrlicht.a.build/Objects-normal/i386/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.o /irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
cd /irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -Wreturn-type -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -gdwarf-2 -I/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/build/MacOSX.build/Debug/libIrrlicht.a.build/Irrlicht.hmap -F/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/build/Debug -I/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/build/Debug/include -I../../../include -I/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/build/MacOSX.build/Debug/libIrrlicht.a.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/build/MacOSX.build/Debug/libIrrlicht.a.build/DerivedSources -DMACOSX -D_DEBUG -include /var/folders/w1/w1PRCRMnFk4CJv-F4-en5E+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/MacOSX_Prefix-euovvscioydyedfabnweyxahsnjx/MacOSX_Prefix.pch -c /irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm -o /irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/build/MacOSX.build/Debug/libIrrlicht.a.build/Objects-normal/i386/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.o

/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm: In member function 'bool irr::CIrrDeviceMacOSX::createWindow()':
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:575: warning: 'CGDisplayBestModeForParameters' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGDirectDisplay.h:487)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:575: warning: 'CGDisplayBestModeForParameters' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGDirectDisplay.h:487)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:578: warning: 'CGDisplayCurrentMode' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGDirectDisplay.h:507)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:578: warning: 'CGDisplayCurrentMode' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGDirectDisplay.h:507)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:582: warning: 'CGDisplaySwitchToMode' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGDirectDisplay.h:512)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:582: warning: 'CGDisplaySwitchToMode' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGDirectDisplay.h:512)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:614: warning: 'CGLSetFullScreen' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers/OpenGL.h:70)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:614: warning: 'CGLSetFullScreen' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers/OpenGL.h:70)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm: In member function 'virtual void irr::CIrrDeviceMacOSX::setWindowCaption(const wchar_t*)':
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:888: warning: 'stringWithCString:length:' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSString.h:385)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm: In member function 'void irr::CIrrDeviceMacOSX::setMouseLocation(int, int)':
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:1050: warning: 'CGSetLocalEventsSuppressionInterval' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGRemoteOperation.h:373)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:1050: warning: 'CGSetLocalEventsSuppressionInterval' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGRemoteOperation.h:373)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm: In member function 'virtual irr::video::IVideoModeList* irr::CIrrDeviceMacOSX::getVideoModeList()':
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:1452: warning: 'CGDisplayAvailableModes' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGDirectDisplay.h:481)
/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/../MacOSX/CIrrDeviceMacOSX.mm:1452: warning: 'CGDisplayAvailableModes' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/CGDirectDisplay.h:481)
Build Succeeded
26 warnings

No launchable executable present at path.

/Irrlicht SDK 1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/build/Debug/HelloWorld_dbg.app

i searched for the " HelloWorld_dbg.app ", but can't find it, i think it dident create it...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1