11 Replies - 13603 Views - Last Post: 26 January 2012 - 07:06 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Surya17   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: -4
  • View blog
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 24-January 12

How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

Give me a tips !!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to learn Java Coding?

#2 nK0de   User is offline

  • Catch me As Exception
  • member icon

Reputation: 206
  • View blog
  • Posts: 823
  • Joined: 21-December 11

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

tips??

well, find a couple of good books/tutorials.. (personally I can't mention anything since I haven't done Java). Start by going through them if you wanna learn from the basics. And practice, practice, practice. :) pet projects is always a great way to learn by doing.

that's pretty much how u learn any language..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Surya17   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: -4
  • View blog
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 24-January 12

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

View PostnK0de, on 24 January 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

tips??

well, find a couple of good books/tutorials.. (personally I can't mention anything since I haven't done Java). Start by going through them if you wanna learn from the basics. And practice, practice, practice. :) pet projects is always a great way to learn by doing.

that's pretty much how u learn any language..



Thank:)

View PostSurya17, on 24 January 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

View PostnK0de, on 24 January 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

tips??

well, find a couple of good books/tutorials.. (personally I can't mention anything since I haven't done Java). Start by going through them if you wanna learn from the basics. And practice, practice, practice. :) pet projects is always a great way to learn by doing.

that's pretty much how u learn any language..



Thank:)

wer to find simple java program to practice???
Was This Post Helpful? -4
  • +
  • -

#4 nK0de   User is offline

  • Catch me As Exception
  • member icon

Reputation: 206
  • View blog
  • Posts: 823
  • Joined: 21-December 11

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:29 AM

you can start by re-doing the examples, exercises shown in the books/tutorials. here are some sites that are for Java beginner learners..

http://www.javabeginner.com/

http://www.homeandle.../java/java.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 macosxnerd101   User is online

  • Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon




Reputation: 12646
  • View blog
  • Posts: 45,819
  • Joined: 27-December 08

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

Getting Better at Programming Java
Best Beginner's Book
Project Lists
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#6 Surya17   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: -4
  • View blog
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 24-January 12

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostnK0de, on 24 January 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

you can start by re-doing the examples, exercises shown in the books/tutorials. here are some sites that are for Java beginner learners..

http://www.javabeginner.com/

http://www.homeandle.../java/java.html


Thank U very useful to me:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 darek9576   User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover

Reputation: 203
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,735
  • Joined: 13-March 10

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

Dude, just pick a book and start learning. Saying "Give me tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" is just fecking annoying. Do some research on your own. When you get a job and you will be asked to implement functionality X, will you come here and ask "How do i do it!!!!!!!!????????????????????".

Get a grip.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 Posiedon   User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 69
  • Joined: 20-January 12

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

i too am in the same wagon as you.I am learning from here:

http://introcs.cs.pr....edu/java/home/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 jon.kiparsky   User is online

  • Beginner
  • member icon


Reputation: 11651
  • View blog
  • Posts: 19,799
  • Joined: 19-March 11

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

*
POPULAR

Start by learning how to ask smart questions. How are we supposed to give you any reasonable advice if we don't know where you're starting from? Have you ever done any progams? If so, what sorts of languages have you used, and what have you done with them? If not, what sorts of things do you want to write? Java is a huge language, and you can write just about anything in it, for many sorts of platforms. Whittle it down a bit!

The best starting place for java is usually going to be the core language. Learn to write some simple command-line applications that do small things involving number crunching and String processing. From there, you need to learn to manipulate objects, then to write classes, working on larger and more practically useful programs as you do it. Eventually you learn to write Swing, and then shortly after that you learn to hate Swing. At some point you invent the design patterns, then you learn about design patterns. You will come up with a development process and toolkit that work for you, and you will be tempted to claim that this process and toolkit are the right ones for everyone, everywhere, and you'll be wrong.
These are things that everyone does, but how you go about all that is really an individual process, not something that everyone does the same way.
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

#10 anonymouscodder   User is offline

  • member icon

Reputation: 126
  • View blog
  • Posts: 710
  • Joined: 01-January 10

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Once you got past over the basics I highly recommend: Effective Java.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 Surya17   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: -4
  • View blog
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 24-January 12

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

View Postanonymouscodder, on 24 January 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Once you got past over the basics I highly recommend: Effective Java.

thank u
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 Surya17   User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: -4
  • View blog
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 24-January 12

Re: How to learn Java Coding?

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 24 January 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Start by learning how to ask smart questions. How are we supposed to give you any reasonable advice if we don't know where you're starting from? Have you ever done any progams? If so, what sorts of languages have you used, and what have you done with them? If not, what sorts of things do you want to write? Java is a huge language, and you can write just about anything in it, for many sorts of platforms. Whittle it down a bit!

The best starting place for java is usually going to be the core language. Learn to write some simple command-line applications that do small things involving number crunching and String processing. From there, you need to learn to manipulate objects, then to write classes, working on larger and more practically useful programs as you do it. Eventually you learn to write Swing, and then shortly after that you learn to hate Swing. At some point you invent the design patterns, then you learn about design patterns. You will come up with a development process and toolkit that work for you, and you will be tempted to claim that this process and toolkit are the right ones for everyone, everywhere, and you'll be wrong.
These are things that everyone does, but how you go about all that is really an individual process, not something that everyone does the same way.




Thank :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1