5 Replies - 2650 Views - Last Post: 04 March 2012 - 08:05 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

commercial or free C# template framework

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

hi, i'm new in c#. Is there free or commercial C# template framework available ? I used to using Visual Foxpro and my company using Promatrix framework for VFP. Master form, master detail form and others are created in this template base clasess so we do not concern for CRUD etc etc we only need to write little code to modify.

so could someone help please

Thanks
Sen
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: commercial or free C# template framework

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: commercial or free C# template framework

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

If I think I know what you are talking about, then here is a list:

Visual C# Express Edition 2008(Visual Studio)

Visual C# Express Edition 2010(Visual Studio)

MonoDevelop
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

thanks for your help.

What I'm looking for is a set of "program" that has based class works from data acess layer to interface, so we do not need to write c# code from zero.

For instance microsoft has Entity Framework for data access layer, but for form that has "button" add new, save, delete and others we need to create our based class and use these data access layer.

Please forgive me if I compare C# with VFP, in VFP has several "framework/template" "commercial/free" from data access layer to interface layer. Of course the business process we will write the code our self
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

*POST CHANGED*
Well sorry, don't get so angry RexGrammer. I thought I knew what he was talking about, so I tried to help him.

This post has been edited by CreaturGames: 04 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

Don't give wrong advice! If you're not sure about something don't tell others about it!

Visual Studio is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) which is just a fancy text editor with a compiler and some awesome features. It has NOTHING to do with the programming paradigm (like OOP or Ascpect-Oriented Programming or Procedural Programming, etc. etc.) it's only a tool to increase your productivity (to decrease the time it takes you to write and compile your code). You could do programming completely without an IDE if you wanted to.

A framework is a different matter.

There's even an article about what a framework is on CodeProject: What Is A Framework?

If you program in Windows there is no other reason to use anything else than .NET, if you want a multi-platform framework try Mono for C#.

Well, then in that case, use Visual Studios. Visual Studio pretty much is a object-oriented programming type application that allows you to manipulate through design and coding, which both are updated when one changes.

VS has nothing to do with how you code. Heck, you could even write a C# application using the PP paradigm. VS just provides some things to ease your life: Reduce repetitive writing, reduce the number of key strokes, etc. etc. Again IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW YOU WRITE YOUR CODE.

This post has been edited by RexGrammer: 04 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'm sorry for made my self unclear between .net framework and 3rd party framework. What I'm looking for is some product/project like http://nettiers.com/ some guys told me. But if could is there other option beside nettiers ? I did try to google it before but no luck so far.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1