2 Replies - 867 Views - Last Post: 10 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to scroll vertically?

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hey,

I'm new here, you guys might have figured it out. I am working on a big project. A massive one and I'm confident that I'll get what I was aiming for since 8-9 months now.
It was just an idea before but then I decided I'll make that idea into a real thing.

I don't know much about programming, I know how to create a webpage with HTML and CSS. That too, my source is limited. Please, don't tell me I have to learn the language first, guess what? I learned what I know now and mySQL as I headed my way. What was required, I simply Google'd it and then I modified the script for my personal use.

Internet is everywhere, why not use it?

Anyway, I'll get to the question:
I'm building a webpage and I want it to scroll vertically and not horizontally. If it's possible could you tell me how exactly to do it and what way is the best one(like CSS or jQuery)? Plus, I want to design my scroll bar, is it possible?

Thanks in advance,
idontgiveup

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to scroll vertically?

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to scroll vertically?

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Ok, Even thought I'm not really agreeing with you in your first statement, I'm still gonna help you...So...
I guess when you talk about a scroll bar you mean that thing that slides on the right of the screen, so.. you see that it only moves when the "page" that you have doesn't fit the screen...and guessing that you want to do the saime in a DIV, so what we(you) have to do is do something that "overflows" the div so that scrollbars appear!

Below is un example of what you have to do:
.learn1 { 
overflow: scroll; 
position:absolute; 
left:15%; 
top: 30%; 
width: 700px; 
height: 300px; 
margin-top: 00px; 
margin-left: 00px; 
border: 1px solid black 
}

The part that you want is the overflow.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How to scroll vertically?

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

if you want to scroll vertically not horizontally, simply add two lines in your css

overflow-x:hidden;
overflow-y:scroll;

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1