3 Replies - 1223 Views - Last Post: 13 May 2012 - 01:11 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Any good complete guides on java?

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hello. Im somewhat of a beginner in java and I am looking for java guides that could help me out from the very basic understand of the language, up to GUI, etc. Basically a guide that covers all the material needed. I was thinking of buying a book of somesort or maybe there is a good online guide somewhere. Could you guys recommend me any good books or online guides(either is fine) with lots of detail? I already tried searching on google but all the ones I have seen are very disorganized such as teaching you variables and objects at the same time. Either that or they dont contain a lot of information. Thanks for the help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Any good complete guides on java?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any good complete guides on java?

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Check out the posts in the java book thread..

Best beginner's book
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Postwing77, on 13 May 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hello. Im somewhat of a beginner in java and I am looking for java guides that could help me out from the very basic understand of the language, up to GUI, etc. Basically a guide that covers all the material needed. I was thinking of buying a book of somesort or maybe there is a good online guide somewhere. Could you guys recommend me any good books or online guides(either is fine) with lots of detail? I already tried searching on google but all the ones I have seen are very disorganized such as teaching you variables and objects at the same time. Either that or they dont contain a lot of information. Thanks for the help.

The books arnt disorganized such as teaching you variables and objects at the same time as thats what you have to learn and implement in some programs as you can not have an object in a program without a veriable to refer it to! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101   User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

You may find my thread Getting Better at Programming Java helpful.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1