Help Wanted: Shadowrun MMO Project

Help wanted for Shadowrun MMO videogame project

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 2150 Views - Last Post: 12 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help Wanted: Shadowrun MMO Project

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Greetings everyone! My name is Cristobal Lander, I'm currently the QA Manager of a fully licensed project to bring the Shadowrun World to a MMORPG. We are currently looking for C# server and client programmers. But first, a little backround on the Shadowrun IP and the nature of our project:

Shadowrun is originally a Pen and Paper RPG cyberpunk-ish game set in the not so distant future, around the year 2070. The game setting blends both magic and technology, as it follows the current world after a cataclysmic event that brings back magic, dragons, elves, orks, trolls, and every other feature usually associated with the fantasy genre.

For more information regarding Shadowrun, you can check the following links:That should be enough background info for those that are not familiar with the Shadowrun Universe.

Now, on to our project:

Shadowrun Awakened

Shadowrun Awakened is a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game set in the Shadowrun Universe. We currently number around 20 people among programmers and artists. The project is open source and it is going to be absolutely free. No game to buy. No monthly fees. Our official website can be found here: Shadowrun Awakened

What are we looking for? We have a help wanted listing, however, I'll also include it here:

Technology Developers

The Shadowrun Awakened Game Engine Development team is a dedicated group focused on creating a robust canvas for our game world. We work on both client, server, and their tools. Each member is specialized by their individual skills; however, there are no hard limits on where a developer can contribute. Our system will ultimately including the convergence of state-of-the-art graphics, scripting, physics, artificial intelligence, and high performance networking. We are also a learning-centric group where everyone is ready to discover something new.

Shadowrun Awakened Game Engine Development is looking for developers with some or all of the following qualifications:
  • Expertise in C# in a Windows environment, preferably with Visual Studio
  • Knowledge of networking technology
  • Knowledge of graphics technology
We will be using Microsoft XNA for graphics & sound, Internet Communication Engine (ICE) for networking, and Open Dynamics Engine ( ODE.net) for collisions & physics). XNA Game Studio Express (Visual C# Express 2005) is our preferred IDE. Knowledge with these specific technologies would be helpful, but not required.

Do you think you have the skills needed for this project? Send us sample code of your work representative of any of these areas, along with your experience, skills, and which area you'd like to join, to our Programming Team and we will get back to you soon.

We also have a listing for Creative Developers (A.K.A. artists) so if any of you is also a 2D or 3D artist, please check the help wanted listing, and drop us a line.

Compensation:
We understand on of the rules of the forum is that you must offer some sort of compensation, sadly, we're in no position to offer any monetary compensation. Our license agreement with Microsoft states that the game must be non-commercial, as in, cannot be made for profit. Therefore, anyone who wants to join the project must be aware that there will be no monetary compensation. Take into consideration that this is not a full time job, all of the people involved with the project do this on their free time, and we wouldn't expect more from any applicant.

If you have any further questions, you can either post them here and I'll try to answer them as thoroughly as possible, or submit them to the Programming Team e-mail.

Hope to hear from you guys soon! :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help Wanted: Shadowrun MMO Project

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help Wanted: Shadowrun MMO Project

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

Too bad I'm not qualified (don't know C#), ShadowRun was my Favorite RPG!

Best of luck, chummer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Help Wanted: Shadowrun MMO Project

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

No problem. Thanks for the interest.

And if you know of anyone qualified, let them know we're looking for help! ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1