4 Replies - 4335 Views - Last Post: 20 April 2013 - 11:17 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

installing cassandra-sharp in Visual Studio C# 2010 Express

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hello,

can you advise me how to install cassandra-sharp in Visual Studio C# 2010 Express successfully and without violating rules of the software?

I have installed Java and Appache Cassandra succesfully. Now I want to use cassandra-sharp in my project.

Recommended way of installing it is with Nuget. However, it cannot be easily installed in Visual Studio C# 2010 Express. I have found the solution to install Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express. First create C# project in VS C# (I use WPF), then open it in Web Developer, install nuget and launch it again in VS C#.

However, opening C# project in Web Developer lead to "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. The project type is not supported by this installation". Installing it cannot be done without opening the project "PM> Install-Package cassandra-sharp, Install-Package : The current environment doesn't have a solution open".

How to install cassandra-sharp so that I can use it in C# WPF project?

Best regards!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: installing cassandra-sharp in Visual Studio C# 2010 Express

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: installing cassandra-sharp in Visual Studio C# 2010 Express

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

can you not just download the binaries from https://code.google..../downloads/list and add them as references in your project?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

Hello,

I have done two things. First was, as you recommended, adding reference in my project to binaries (packages\cassandra-sharp-core.3.1.4\lib\net40\CassandraSharp.dll). The second was trying to add cassandra-sharp with Nuget on the other computer with other (non Express) Visual Studio.

In the case of first, there were three problems with examplary code. VS was unable to accept MadeSimple and Apache in:
using CassandraSharp.MadeSimple;
using Apache.Cassandra;

and CqlResults, ExecuteCql in line
CqlResult res = cluster.ExecuteCql(queryString);

When I have used Nuget Package Manager Console "Install-Package cassandra-sharp", it installed succesfully many things (cassandra-sharp-interfaces, cassandra-sharp-core, Rx-Main, Rx-Interfaces, Rx-Core, Rx-Linq, Rx-PlatformServices). Since now, VS accepts both CqlResults and ExecuteCql (due to adding packages\cassandra-sharp-interfaces.3.1.5\lib\net40\CassandraSharp.Interfaces.dll) but still does not accept CassandraSharp.MadeSimple and Apache.Cassandra.

Installing additionally "Install-Package cassandra-sharp-tools" and "Install-Package cassandra-sharp-contrib" did not help with MadeSimple and Apache. There are no other things to be installed (according to http://nuget.org/pac...assandra-sharp) - there are only cassandra-sharp, cassandra-sharp-interfaces, cassandra-sharp-core, cassandra-sharp-tools and cassandra-sharp-contrib. Using "Install-Package cassandra-sharp" installed cassandra-sharp, its core and interfaces.

(Nuget installer NuGet.Tools.vsix itself caused that Language Package and RadLangSvc errors appeared in VS2010).

What should I reference to get rid of:

The type or namespace name 'MadeSimple' does not exist in the namespace 'CassandraSharp' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
The type or namespace name 'Apache' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Regards!

This post has been edited by johnyjj2: 20 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

I've to run off soon and haven't had a chance to look into Cassandra Sharp, but is there a chance that the sample code is out of date? Did you pick up the sample code straight from the source downloads/Nuget package, or was it something that you had to type in or copy and paste from documentation?

This post has been edited by Skydiver: 20 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Personally, I'd download the project from GitHub and build it myself. That way you can see what DLLs are created.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1